What’s the kayfabe reason wrestlers don’t use others finishers?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
Like if I kick you in the gut why would I do a DDT when I can do a stunner and end the match :dahell:

Or I’m on the top rope and I can hit a frog splash and I only do a regular splash :usure:

Is this ever explained? :jbhmm:

Wrong answers only of course :myman:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Back in the day you could likely chalk it up to you don't try other people's finisher cause you're not "proficient" with it so as it's not as effective.

But now days in the spot happy multiple kick out era it's harder to explain not trying more finishers. I still would say the it's not your specialty aspect carries over but to a less effect.

Not a finisher but Miz doing the "it" kicks have never looked as clean as the "yes" kicks they copy for example

NOSaintsFan02

Superstar
Daps
Why doesn't every NBA player try Kareem's hook shot? Or Dirk's fade?

Signature moves are "signature" moves for a reason. Same in kayfabe when it comes to wrestling moves.

Last edited:

TheAlbionist

All Star
Daps
Reppin
London
images

This guy.

Kevin_Nash

2x WWE Hall of Famer
Daps
You don't want to show up the boys in the back. Simple as that.

When I started out in this business I had an arsenal of finishers that would have shut people like Cornette and Meltzer up. The reason I had to settle on a power bomb is the first two finishers I was able to successfully execute at house shows (it's called the Canadian Destroyer now, but in the 90's I did that move except after flipping I powerbombed the opponent; the other was a top rope Spanish Fly DDT) showed up some of the boys, and Vince told me that because of my height, I shouldn't be doing those moves.

Scott_Steiner

GENETIC FREAK
Daps
Reppin
PLANET FREAK
You don't want to show up the boys in the back. Simple as that.

When I started out in this business I had an arsenal of finishers that would have shut people like Cornette and Meltzer up. The reason I had to settle on a power bomb is the first two finishers I was able to successfully execute at house shows (it's called the Canadian Destroyer now, but in the 90's I did that move except after flipping I powerbombed the opponent; the other was a top rope Spanish Fly DDT) showed up some of the boys, and Vince told me that because of my height, I shouldn't be doing those moves.
YOU DINT DO ANY OF THAT shyt CUZ YER ETHIOPIAN-ASS QUADS WOULDA BUSTED QUICKER THAN RIC FLAIR BUSTS WHEN HIS NURSE GIVES HIM HIS WEEKLY SPONGEBATH

BIG POPPA PUMP INVENTED MORE FINISHERS AN MOVES THAN YOU EVER ATTEMPTED IN YER bytchASS LIFE, THE ONLY MOVES YOU INVENTED WAS THE QUEER FAGGIT QUADTEAR AN THE SHANSKE NAMAMURA...SHENMUE NAKATA...JAP GUY POSE

dh8kztbjipxz.gif

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

Daps
Reppin
LDN
YOU DINT DO ANY OF THAT shyt CUZ YER ETHIOPIAN-ASS QUADS WOULDA BUSTED QUICKER THAN RIC FLAIR BUSTS WHEN HIS NURSE GIVES HIM HIS WEEKLY SPONGEBATH

BIG POPPA PUMP INVENTED MORE FINISHERS AN MOVES THAN YOU EVER ATTEMPTED IN YER bytchASS LIFE, THE ONLY MOVES YOU INVENTED WAS THE QUEER FAGGIT QUADTEAR AN THE SHANSKE NAMAMURA...SHENMUE NAKATA...JAP GUY POSE

dh8kztbjipxz.gif

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME
dave-chappelle-laughing.gif

Jesus H. Christ

I died for your sins
Daps

dh8kztbjipxz.gif

HOLLA IF YA HEAR ME

🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨🚨