what's the consensus on front squats brehs?

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
I do legs twice a week, one day for front squats and quad excercises the other day for regular squats, deadlifts, glute excercises etc.

what do y'all think about front squats? i barely see anyone at the gym doing it, people looking at me like a foreign species when I'm front squatting heavy weight

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
It's my favorite variation of squat. Its better in terms of using your core and hitting your quads. Deadlifts and Front Squats compliment each other so well.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I wish I could get that wrist placement :sadbron:

. I got a long ass wingspan so it's a bytch getting that bar in a proper place.

I do them cross armed every other week currently, but I find myself programming doing zerchers more often because of they're a little friendlier at my height.

Last edited:

Tunes

Pro
Daps
I do a low weight, high rep to finish my leg day.

My wrists arent flexible at all so i end up doing the cross arm variant instead of the one on the left

grips.jpg

Dominoes

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Myself
I usually go back and forth between front and back squats. Weak shoulders and wrists make it more difficult than it needs to be

HE_Pennypacker

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Australia
I like them, because they'll quickly expose any weakness and lack of flexibility you have. You can get away with back squats hiding any issues/imbalances for a long time if you are strong enough, especially with your lower back. I know I got away with it for a long ass time. Now I only box or front squat. No more back for me.