What's the appeal of annual Call of Duty games?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
In a year do people really get that bored of the last game to the point the next one feels refreshing?

The last Halo game was 2015 for example so it's time for a new one. It's been a while.

People got burned out on Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. Same with Tony Hawk games. How is Call of Duty annually still going strong?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
In a year do people really get that bored of the last game to the point the next one feels refreshing?

The last Halo game was 2015 for example so it's time for a new one. It's been a while.

People got burned out on Guitar Hero and Rock Band games. Same with Tony Hawk games. How is Call of Duty annually still going strong?
Pick up and play
And fun factor for the most part

Same arguments are made for many popular annual franchises

It is what it is

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

its 8 billion people on planet earth.
Just because you don’t see the appeal of something means everyone else feels the same.

what’s the appeal of them weird ass Japanese games you play?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Pick up and play
And fun factor for the most part

Same arguments are made for many popular annual franchises

It is what it is
Like sports games you get new players and an attempt to add more features I guess. I mean I see it more than I see buying just another online shooter. People still play Counter Strike and Team Fortress 2. Good shooters can get mileage.

I just find it hard to believe there's enough justifiable changes. Maybe people just brainlessly buy it.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
its 8 billion people on planet earth.
Just because you don’t see the appeal of something means everyone else feels the same.

what’s the appeal of them weird ass Japanese games you play?
I did not ask what the appeal of Call of Duty was. I asked the appeal of annual Call of Duty.

I've seen franchises milked dry yet somehow Call of Duty still is going strong releasing game year after year. Even Assassin's Creed was forced to space out the released and drastically alter the formula.

The "weird ass Japanese games" I play are all different games that aren't of the same series released annually. They have different battle systems and strategies.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I did not ask what the appeal of Call of Duty was. I asked the appeal of annual Call of Duty.

I've seen franchises milked dry yet somehow Call of Duty still is going strong releasing game year after year. Even Assassin's Creed was forced to space out the released and drastically alter the formula.

The "weird ass Japanese games" I play are all different games that aren't of the same series released annually. They have different battle systems and strategies.

call of duty has different games every year

might be WW2 one year
Global war on terror one year
Some space shyt the next
Cold War the next etc

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
F0fAmKzR_6dH_cs1RIkm25kaASpof3pg512gWNy-WM4.jpg

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
call of duty has different games every year

might be WW2 one year
Global war on terror one year
Some space shyt the next
Cold War the next etc
Breh there's 3 games called Call of Duty Modern Warfare. After 4 they quit putting numbers on the games because Call of Duty 18 Vanguard sounds weird but the sub-series have numbers since they haven't gotten crazy yet.

Almost every Final Fantasy game reinvents the series. They're also spaced out 5+ years apart.

Every year since 2003 not including 2004 there has been a Call of Duty mainline game. With a release pace like that it has to be hard to maintain quality.

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Breh there's 3 games called Call of Duty Modern Warfare. After 4 they quit putting numbers on the games because Call of Duty 18 Vanguard sounds weird but the sub-series have numbers since they haven't gotten crazy yet.

Almost every Final Fantasy game reinvents the series. They're also spaced out 5+ years apart.

Every year since 2003 not including 2004 there has been a Call of Duty mainline game. With a release pace like that it has to be hard to maintain quality.

Ok

just keep wondering why some of us like it then since you’re not listening to what I’m telling you