What's facebook's friend display algorithm?

semtex

:)
Daps
Those top 9 friends :mjpls: how are they chosen?

That shyt AIN'T random.

Mine be displaying different permutations of the same hoes every time I look at my profile page.

:shaq: they be lookin at a nikka profile and shyt?

:tucker:
That's what I like to think.
:flabbynsick:

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Sh!t is creepy but it seems like 6 of my 9 are the people whom i chat with the most

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
Facebook is trash now

To those who say this i have a few questions:

• What were you expecting?
  • What were you using facebook for?
  • What Changed?

Ive always used the shyt to keep in touch with family and friends that I dont talk to often, people i grew up with back in my country, and people that I know in other countries.

Based on the above i cant see how it could have been "exciting" or become "trash".

Shed some light for a breh. Were you all lusing it to chase hoes? i have POF and Craigslist for that. Facebook has my real name posted on my profile also family and friends who have known me since i was in diapers. I dont hunt for hoes with all that info exposed and I also watch what I say on there

Ohene

Free Sheist
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
To those who say this i have a few questions:

• What were you expecting?
  • What were you using facebook for?
  • What Changed?

Ive always used the shyt to keep in touch with family and friends that I dont talk to often, people i grew up with back in my country, and people that I know in other countries.

Based on the above i cant see how it could have been "exciting" or become "trash".

Shed some light for a breh. Were you all lusing it to chase hoes? i have POF and Craigslist for that. Facebook has my real name posted on my profile also family and friends who have known me since i was in diapers. I dont hunt for hoes with all that info exposed and I also watch what I say on there

* Overrun with party promoters
* many attention whores and religious folks.
* Nobody that I know uses it that much anymore as far as uploading anything or posting funny/good looking pictures
* Its just gotten old, people have out grown it

I think people who used it during highschool are the ones who say this. For us, facebook provided a lot of entertainment. For instance, may on casual day (we wore uniforms) if a nikka wore a hideous outfit and posted it on facebook, everybody might go in on him roasting the shyt out of him. It provided laughter and good memories. Plus girls dont post pics as much now and in highschool it was nice seeing what the bad girls in class were up to sometimes if say they didnt have the same lunch period or classes as you. In highschool it was a good tool to holla at girls from your school and believe it or not that is a large bit of what made facebook popular.

Like I said though people have mostly outgrown it. Not much activity as before and they try to hard with the new features. Facebook chat was even dead during the last times I was on last year. Its still a good tool for what its worth though...if youre just using it to connect with real rfiends/family

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Its trash because its dead as hell. You'll probably only have like 4 friends who really still make statuses frequently.

The new layout is trash as fucc, even worse than the last one they made :why:

semtex

:)
Daps
Its trash because its dead as hell. You'll probably only have like 4 friends who really still make statuses frequently.

The new layout is trash as fucc, even worse than the last one they made :why:
You and your friends are prob better suited for myspacey environments :ehh:

intruder

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
* Overrun with party promoters
* many attention whores and religious folks.
* Nobody that I know uses it that much anymore as far as uploading anything or posting funny/good looking pictures
* Its just gotten old, people have out grown it

I think people who used it during highschool are the ones who say this. For us, facebook provided a lot of entertainment. For instance, may on casual day (we wore uniforms) if a nikka wore a hideous outfit and posted it on facebook, everybody might go in on him roasting the shyt out of him. It provided laughter and good memories. Plus girls dont post pics as much now and in highschool it was nice seeing what the bad girls in class were up to sometimes if say they didnt have the same lunch period or classes as you. In highschool it was a good tool to holla at girls from your school and believe it or not that is a large bit of what made facebook popular.

Like I said though people have mostly outgrown it. Not much activity as before and they try to hard with the new features. Facebook chat was even dead during the last times I was on last year. Its still a good tool for what its worth though...if youre just using it to connect with real rfiends/family
Then i guess what homie said applies: If you associate yourself with trash then yeah it would be trash.

And by trash I mean relevance of the people you are friends with on fb. Every now and then you have to check who you associate with and their relevance in your CURRENT life path. They may have been cool years ago but if YOU are moving on to bigger and better things and they are still on the H.S. bullshyt you need to drop them. They are no longer relevant to you. Find new friends to add that are relevant to the YOU of NOW instead of trying to maintain the ones that were only relevant to the YOU of THE PAST.

Simple as that