What yall think about Beat Battles

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
2011 Grand Finale Soundtrack Beat Battle - YouTube

the best beats start at 11:50

:ooh::ohmy::ooh::ohmy::ooh::ohmy: @ that Lady GaGa beat. shyt was BANANAS!!!!

the street Dreams and Michael JAckson beats were TUFF as well

With the growing popularity of Battle Rap (GT,URL,KOTD,etc) as well as live performers like AraabMuzick, if done right I can see this sort of taking off. It also provides visibility and a new way of performing for producers. For example I can see a producer performing that Lady Gaga beat (12:50) at a club/concert and ppl going crazy (look at the crowd's reaction)

EDIT: Im tryna get a decent a mp3 of the Lady Gaga joint for yall but youtube is really crushing the buildings on clip converters:thumbsdown:

Red Maverick II

Special A Class Hunter
Daps
I only been to one beat battle ever cause my homie was in it.

It was cool, though there was this one Chris Brown lookin cat that was jammin to his shyt a lil too much.

And they had a few underground cats rap. One was this chick who got a beat from some industry producer.

She came out like "well at least yall know the beat gon be hot"

I'd be down to go to more, but I don't know where you hear about them at though

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I only been to one beat battle ever cause my homie was in it.

It was cool, though there was this one Chris Brown lookin cat that was jammin to his shyt a lil too much.

And they had a few underground cats rap. One was this chick who got a beat from some industry producer.

She came out like "well at least yall know the beat gon be hot"

I'd be down to go to more, but I don't know where you hear about them at though

same here, I be tryna google that ish but I dont really find much:manny:

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
They have one here in DC....I went once but I felt like a dumbass because I definitely had the wrong material

For the more ambitious producers that would indeed be dope though. I feel like a producer should be established first before they "waste time" with that though

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
2011 Grand Finale Soundtrack Beat Battle - YouTube

the best beats start at 11:50

:ooh::ohmy::ooh::ohmy::ooh::ohmy: @ that Lady GaGa beat. shyt was BANANAS!!!!

the street Dreams and Michael JAckson beats were TUFF as well

With the growing popularity of Battle Rap (GT,URL,KOTD,etc) as well as live performers like AraabMuzick, if done right I can see this sort of taking off. It also provides visibility and a new way of performing for producers. For example I can see a producer performing that Lady Gaga beat (12:58) at a club/concert and ppl going crazy (look at the crowd's reaction)

EDIT: Im tryna get a decent a mp3 of the Lady Gaga joint for yall but youtube is really crushing the buildings on clip converters:thumbsdown:
I remember that Lady Gaga beat...that nikka shoulda won over Dirty Rice imo...and it starts at 12:50 my g..lol..

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
They have one here in DC....I went once but I felt like a dumbass because I definitely had the wrong material

For the more ambitious producers that would indeed be dope though. I feel like a producer should be established first before they "waste time" with that though

So you performed in one, how exactly did it go, and what type of beats did you play verses what some of the more popular performers played.

And for me it wouldnt be something Id do to get on it just be something fun and different to do, maybe help with networking and if its prize money, win some beer money or something:manny:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
I remember that Lady Gaga beat...that nikka shoulda won over Dirty Rice imo...and it starts at 12:50 my g..lol..

yea I think it should have won as well and your right ill change that.

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
So you performed in one, how exactly did it go, and what type of beats did you play verses what some of the more popular performers played.

And for me it wouldnt be something Id do to get on it just be something fun and different to do, maybe help with networking and if its prize money, win some beer money or something:manny:

It was all original beats. You gave your beat to the judge then each contestant got like...1 minute IIRC to have their beat played and they had some judges go for the better beat

I messed up by choosing a beat that was a dope (Indian sample) loop IMO but had little movement, the other guy was probably a regular and killed me with this sampled beat that sounded like something actually meant for an instrumental tape...had a lot of movement, was like some horror type movie shyt. But honestly it probably wasn't even something someone could write a song to, which is where I erred. Didn't even stay for the finals I was blown

The judges faces was scrunched up while his was playing I was like :sadbron: it's a wrap inside...

But yeah I mean if you're just doing it as a hobby sure but I wouldn't advise a producer really trying to come up to get involved the one I joined...the beats that did well for that aren't necessarily easy sells elsewhere.

It's like Donuts for instance had some loops but then some of those were just straight orchestra-esque

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
yup..most of the battle was filled wit that shyt..It got weeded out tho...only the ones who did it real good stayed...

To get away with that your chop game has to be on 100 or else they all sound the same kind of.

You can tell Lex spent a good amount of time refining his drum slicing back in the day