What Y'all Know About Krav Maga?

Jerz-2

GOATs Status
Daps
...anybody here ever partake?:

Krav Maga*pron.:*/krɑːv*məˈɡɑː/*(Hebrew:*קרב מגע‎*[ˈkʁav maˈɡa],*lit.*"contact combat") is a non-competitive tactical self-defense system developed in Israel that consists of a wide combination of techniques sourced from boxing, Muay Thai, Wing Chun, Judo, jiu-jitsu, wrestling, and grappling, along with realistic fight training

Krav Maga is known for its focus on real-world situations and extremely efficient and brutal counter-attacks.

Krav Maga has a philosophy emphasizing threat neutralization, simultaneous defensive and offensive maneuvers, and aggression.

Been taking this class for the last month, love the discipline associated with it.

Had training in the military before, but...not like this.

Hey...livin' out HERE, this shyt is mad practical. :manny:

Mackronus

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i know a dude who does shyt like this. he's always coming up to me like, "peep this new move i learned" and starts shadow boxing, pretending to hit me, narrating shyt like, "elbow to the jugular, karate chop to your ulterior bulge vein, finger to the eyeball," and i'm standing there like :rudy:

none of it is practical. even if he could pull that shyt off, he ain't about to vulcan punch a nikka in the club and kill him over the dude hitting on his girl. it's almost more a cop out for him to not get into an actual fight. . . "naw I ain't gonna throw down 'cause I know I'd hurt him too bad." yeah aight nikka... :stopitslime:

Mr. Pink

All Star
Daps
Krav Maga has become very popular, and unfortunately now it's experiencing a mcdojo craze. What's being thought in most places is a lower intensity, watered down version of the real Krav Maga and its predecesors.

I hope whoever trains in it makes sure he's getting the real thing, otherwise both your wallet and especially your body could end up paying the cost...

blackzeus

Superstar
Daps
Krav Maga has become very popular, and unfortunately now it's experiencing a mcdojo craze. What's being thought in most places is a lower intensity, watered down version of the real Krav Maga and its predecesors.

I hope whoever trains in it makes sure he's getting the real thing, otherwise both your wallet and especially your body could end up paying the cost...

Most of these martial arts courses don't really work because in the end, it's not really about the art, it's about you, and your determination to get tough and focused mentally and physically. Martial arts are like offensive/defensive philosophies, it all comes down to the execution of what you practiced, whether it's Krav Maga or Kook Sol Won or Muy thai. It's really a cool group fitness class. If I was running a dojo, the first thing I would do is beat your azz. If you can't take it, you ain't ready for all this :yeshrug:

SOUTHERNPRIDE7

GEORGIA BOY
Daps
I'm taking it right now 3 times a week. My son takes tae kwon do and his instructor started a class on it. I was skeptical at first but I seen that the guy had experience in it.

I'm 2 months in and I love it. I think its practicle in the sense that you can suprise the average n**** with the moves you learn and perfect. It pretty much teaches you to stop a fight before it starts. Once you get good and develop that mental toughness to go with it your good.

Imagine taking out a dude throwing haymakers in maybe 10 seconds if you can manage to strike and takedown accurately. The other thing about it is that you never stop learning. Its good self defense though.