What WRPG series have the longevity of popular JRPG series?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I mean like the Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy, Legend of Heroes type longevity?

I guess Bauldr's Gate kinda has it but what other series have that kind of longevity?

Fillerguy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey
Baldur's gate pretty much made wrpgs hot and its came out in 98. Its last true sequel came out in 01 and has been cooking on nothing but expansions for 20 years...until BG3 dropped. BG2 game came out before I had the ability to form a proper erection. Now I'm almost too :flabbynsick: to keep a proper erection.

Time is a flat circle.

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Baldur's gate pretty much made wrpgs hot and its came out in 98. Its last true sequel came out in 01 and has been cooking on nothing but expansions for 20 years...until BG3 dropped. BG2 game came out before I had the ability to form a proper erection. Now I'm almost too :flabbynsick: to keep a proper erection.

Time is a flat circle.
Before you could form a proper erection? That shyt came out in 2001. I was getting an erection every time a big booty girl in my HS squatted to pick up a pencil.:what: how old are you breh?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I wonder if it's because there are no real main characters in WRPG's all create-a-charater and no real memorable ones.

The Witcher might have had the right idea.
its probably more that that generation of WRPGs was PC only for the most part - and console popularity didn't carry the genre with it for about 2 generations give or take.

there's a big gap between the height of early WRPG popularity and fallout 3/elder scrolls/dragon age/star wars old republic taking off on consoles. and the watering down of crossover titles led to shyt like Deus Ex flaming out too