What would you do in this work situation?

M617

retired
Supporter
Daps
Im running a major construction job right now in Boston for my trade. Its just me and 1 guy they sent me but we will have a few months of work doing what we do. my company is putting it on my shoulders and expecting me to do well which means i will be getting trusted more and able to runner bigger money jobs in the future, im basically proving myself.

I never met this guy before until this Wednesday. He is a 5'4 fat ass black guy who is so out of shape its not even funny. he sweats before we even start working and when he is taking a break he pulls his shirt over his belly and lets it air off :merchant: while out of breath from 1 flight of stairs. he hasnt worked in a year and i think its because his work ethic sucks

he is a good dude overall but talks to much like every minute of the day and i noticed the last day(today) he is getting alittle too comfortable with me and starting to show he is lazy trying to slow me down and that cant be happening. like he couldnt even bring stock up 2 flights of stairs without sitting down out of breath wanting to take a break.

im on a job where i need to produce because my bosses come to me for whats going on not him and they already told me if he sucks to get rid of him. I plan on giving him 1 week and ill be letting him know he doesnt pick it up im getting rid of him

i dont wanna be a rat but im 100% in on this job and want to look good and having a shytty partner is going to make my progress look bad

and btw the reason i mentioned height is because im 6'1 he is 5'4 and we are applying products we need to be level at on the same page and its just so awkward with the size difference plus he is so out of shape and lazy. i have no idea how he doesnt have diabetes