What would it take for video gms movies to take over like comics book movies?

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Is it possible? I never thought as a kid the MCU would take over as it did. Could you see the same thing with video games. If so, what would it take? You can do both adult and kids stuff like Marvel. I'm not a video game person like that so I'm just curious.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
There’s only two things that you’d need to make a great video game movie

1) A creative team that’s familiar with the game and understands why people like it
2) Barely any interference from the film studio executives

Movies based on games almost never get both of these things and that’s why most of them flop. It seems like we’re at the beginning of an era of big video game adaptations though because The Last of Us has been a hit, the Sonic movies did well and the upcoming Mario movie looks like it’ll be successful too.

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
There’s only two things that you’d need to make a great video game movie

1) A creative team that’s familiar with the game and understands why people like it
2) Barely any interference from the film studio executives

Movies based on games almost never get both of these things and that’s why most of them flop. It seems like we’re at the beginning of an era of big video game adaptations though because The Last of Us has been a hit, the Sonic movies did well and the upcoming Mario movie looks like it’ll be successful too.
Pretty much...

VG movies/series can work.. but you gotta respect the material.

Mario should do well. Hopefully one day we get a good ass Metroid flick

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Pretty much...

VG movies/series can work.. but you gotta respect the material.

Mario should do well. Hopefully one day we get a good ass Metroid flick

Metroid would be crazy if they play it up like the game. I was shocked as a kid that it was a woman.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Both of them are too old. Sully is about 60 in the first game and Drake was about 30.
harrison could work as Sully, he's old, younger tom cruise (mission impossible 1) would've worked.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Both of them are too old. Sully is about 60 in the first game and Drake was about 30.

A while back I said Dylan O'Brien (31) as Drake and Jeffrey Dean Morgan (56) as Sully. They'd still work now, O'Brien is baby face enough to sell portraying teen Drake and a few sequels later he'd age with the series to portray a family man.