What were the best JRPGs of the last 5 years?

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
I havent really been playing them like I used to.

I finished 13 sentinels after borrowing it from a friend. Two of the main characters definitely aint ever step foot in harlem :dame: but the music was good and so was the art style. Persona 5 was good too, but thas pretty much it :patrice:

Ive been hearing a lot about the new tales game and scarlet nexus, are they worth a buy

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Since 2017 DQ XI, Ys Viii, Nier Replicant, Nier Automata, XC 2

Also Trails from Zero and Trails to Azure which are finally getting localized this fall and 1st quarter of 2023 respectively are classic JRPG status, even if those don't count.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: DMR

Dallas' 4 Eva

Superstar
Daps
Dragon Quest XI S
FF7 Remake
Fire Emblem 3 Houses
Octopath Traveler
Trials of Mana

I haven't played it yet, but I know several people irl who have played Triangle Strategy and I have yet to hear anyone say anything negative about it.

Honorable mention to Scarlet Nexus and Persona 5 Royal(only reason it isn't #1 is because the original Persona 5 came out more than 5 years ago and for 90% of it it's the same game). Haven't played Tales of Arise all the way through(only about 4 hours or so) so I can't give an opinion on that one.

Last edited:

Styles

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The H
FF7 Remake
FE: Three Houses
Persona 5 (although I STILL haven't beaten it. fukkin long as hell)
13 Sentinels
DQXI

Honestly kinda okay. No 10/10 JRPGs in a long ass time. Have high hopes for FF16.