WHAT WENT WRONG: Which Gaming Story Would You Most Want Insider Details About?

which insider story would you be most curious in knowing details about?

• deep dive into what went wrong with CD Projekt Red and Cyberpunk 2077

Votes: 5 20.0%
  • the history of how FF Versus Xlll became FFXV (what was changed, what was scrapped, unfinished at la

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • the canceling of Silent Hills and how the falling out between Kojima and Konami transpired

Votes: 17 68.0%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
if one of these gaming controversies could get the journalistic treatment and insider story Anthem got, where all the spicy details about what went wrong during development were divulged to the public....

which one would it be?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Option 2 from the choices.

We already know why Konami threw Kojima in the bushes.

With Cyberpunk, it was the suits pushing for it to be compatible on the OG last gen systems knowing the game was too much for the systems to handle.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Option 2 from the choices.

With Cyberpunk, it was the suits pushing for it to be compatible on the OG last gen systems knowing the game was too much for the systems to handle.
The original story of FF15, where Noctis Family were the Mob of Lucis, and where the people worshipped death, because he was able to grant warping to those who had near death experiences sounded so much more interesting compared to the bland story we got

Stella also seemed way more interesting than the other chick, can’t even remember her name

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The original story of FF15, where Noctis Family were the Mob of Lucis, and where the people worshipped death, because he was able to grant warping to those who had near death experiences sounded so much more interesting compared to the bland story we got

Stella also seemed way more interesting than the other chick, can’t even remember her name

Nice.

I liked FF15, it just started off too slow. Hopefully 16 doesn't make the same mistake.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Im mostly curious about what happen between when the Xbox One was online only and not being able to play used games , to it being a normal console.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i want to hear more about gen 1-3 beta pokemon shyt or something.

or earthbound 64

i could give a fukk about that new shyt.

even shyt with the GTA 3 development or just the 3d era in general from 3-hot coffee.

Last edited:

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I'd like to hear a deep dive that looks into both sides of that situation.

We hear all the time about how kojima got carried away with the budget for mgs5 and was taking too long to develop it, but I don't hear anyone talk about how konami had kojima developing a new game engine alongside mgs5.

I'd argue that konami was asking for something nearly impossible considering developing a game along side a new engine is extremely expensive and time consuming. The budget and development time for MGS5 was inline with other AAA titles around that time. Only reason konami had money troubles is because they were an outright failure and lost money on every project that didn't have kojima's name attached to it.

Kojima did his job and released a profitable project, its not his fault that konami was losing money on every other gaming project and expected MGS to save the company.