What was your biggest "I never thought that Hip Hop would take it this far" moment?

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Open to anybody to answer, but really want to hear from people who remember Rappin' Duke.

For me, so far it's seeing breakdancing at the Olympics. When breakdancing played out, I never thought about it again unless comedian from my generation was cracking a joke.
Would occasionally see rappers have that element in music videos Chief Rocka, Clones. But the early international hip hop tours and Wild Style film promo run really planted seeds across the world and b-boying took root.
Some really cool shyt to see.

Last edited:

Givethanks

Superstar
Daps
The turning point to when Eminem blew up and EVERY WHITE BOY FROM ADOLF TO ZANDER, went from "hip hop music is like candy.. you have to throw away all the rappers" :mjpls: to this rap shyt is so sick, Eminem is the best rapper alive.
:gladbron:

Bro this shyt flipped like day and night up here in Canada, then all of a sudden every one likes rap now
:skip:

I worked as an educator at a school and remember hearing these Jewish kindergarten kids singing "Murder on my mind" in sync while coloring.

That shyt really woke me up.
:mjlol: