What was the point of releasing the Xbox Series X last year?

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
Why not wait and release it this year?

They could have taken their time with halo infinite to release a full game instead of a rushed multi-player version

All the big multiplats that came out this year were fine on Xbox one

If they would have waited till end of 2021 to launch and held these games for launch:

Halo infinite
Gears tactics
The Ascent
Forza 5

:wow:

I mean that's good launch line up I would have copped :ehh:

And launch gamepass with Valhalla, pscyconaughts and other big titles with 4k 60fps upgrades

It really makes no sense they released a system with no next gen games, and now they are paying the price another gen chasing behind Sony and Nintendo in 3rd place

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why not wait and release it this year?

They could have taken their time with halo infinite to release a full game instead of a rushed multi-player version

All the big multiplats that came out this year were fine on Xbox one

If they would have waited till end of 2021 to launch and held these games for launch:

Halo infinite
Gears tactics
The Ascent
Forza 5

:wow:

I mean that's good launch line up I would have copped :ehh:

And launch gamepass with Valhalla, pscyconaughts and other big titles with 4k 60fps upgrades

It really makes no sense they released a system with no next gen games, and now they are paying the price another gen chasing behind Sony and Nintendo in 3rd place
You seem to just not get what they're doing. The Xbox console is a gateway to the actual product. It isn't the product itself. Game Pass is the product.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I had no reason to cop a ps5 ...only exclusive ps5 game I play is ratchet. ps4 had all that heat

Aka to the thread starter:umad:

What was the point of dropping the PS5 last year?

Why not wait and release this year to have more games than R&C and a content add on for a Spider-Man game that was already released & available on the PS4:mjgrin:

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
This pandemic fukked everyone up.

Phil Spencer said the chip situation won’t loosen up until 2022 or 2023 :mindblown:

Controlling Delta infections in nations across the world has required the closure of high volume ports and shipping facilities. This has increased wait times and slowed the distribution of everything from shoes to CPUs. In ordinary times, passenger jets help alleviate some demand by carrying cargo on international domestic flights, but there have been fewer of these flights since the pandemic began.

These supply chain problems are exacerbating shortages by disrupting manufacturers’ ability to build hardware at a time when demand has been higher than ever. Toshiba has already given notice that it will not be able to meet demand for certain types of power semiconductor circuitry until 2022, or even 2023.

Xbox Head Phil Spencer Claims Supply Issues Will Continue Deep Into 2022 - ExtremeTech