What UPS battery backup/surge protector is everyone running?

L68

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
I have a cyber power 1000va that I got for Black Friday a couple years back.

Seems to do the job when ever I have outages :yeshrug:

I have this exact model and works great. I got it on sale though seems like the current price is inflated

Looking at Slickdeals I just missed the Black Friday deals on a few of these. I gotta get one regardless though. Woke up today to high winds and power off and on.

• Dap
Reactions: L68

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
I've been eyeing one of these ecoflow deltas for a minute now.

strong enough to run a refrigerator for 15 hours, can be run in passthrough, and can be recharged via solar panels (provided you've got strong sunlight). Mainly want it to keep my security system going during any long term outages

Last edited:

MajesticLion

Veteran
Daps
Check out CyberPower.

The problem I've found with many UPS models is the higher you go in voltage/wattage rating, the fewer outlets they have :snoop:

or the outlets are all bunched together :francis:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been eyeing one of these ecoflow deltas for a minute now.

strong enough to run a refrigerator for 15 hours, can be run in passthrough, and can be recharged via solar panels (provided you've got strong sunlight). Mainly want it to keep my security system going during any long term outages

with something like this do you always keep it plugged in so it’s fully charged if/when there is a blackout or does it hold a full charge if you let it charge for X amount of hours?

*edit*

found the answer I’m looking for…might get one

How long can a fully charged unit last before losing it's charge. I assume one should not leave it charging constantly?

—The lithium ion battery chemistry has a low self discharge rate. The instructions says to partially discharge and recharge it every 3 months. If it is used as a UPS (without ground), then it is plugged in all the time. It has a life of 800 cycles to 60% life so keep in mind that is a very low cycle life. When plugged in for UPS operation how the on-board control software cycles the battery charging is a question for the Manufacturer.

—It does not lose it’s charge. I have only gone 3 to 4 weeks without using it but it was still at 100% when I turned it on.

—I had mine in the closet fully charged for five months, finally had to use it due to an outage. Was still at 100% battery

Last edited:

shutterguy

Photographer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
Check out CyberPower.

The problem I've found with many UPS models is the higher you go in voltage/wattage rating, the fewer outlets they have :snoop:

This one is comparable to the APC unit I was looking at:

Will probably snag a few of these.

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Check out CyberPower.

You can buy a 6 pack of 1ft extension cords from Amazon for like 12 dollars. Problem solved.

I have 3 Cyberpowers, 2 for my game/TV/surround setup, one for my desktop/studio equipment.