What to do if your phone is network locked?

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Bought a phone from T-Mobile, had their service for a few months but it was a nightmare, so i left. Problem is, I didnt network unlock the phone BEFORE porting my line over, so now they are being absolute a$$holes. They refuse to unlock it because the device is no longer on their network, and they claim to not be able to find the old account it was associated with. Ive never been scammed this hard by a phone company in my life.

Ive talked to at least 7 different agents in 3 days. Im currently on hold with one right now and I get the feeling they just want me to get frustrated and hang up. Is there ANY WAY to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra without going through the carrier? I dont give a fukk about voiding a warranty I just need to get the fukk off of the Tmobile restriction. This shyt is making me so fukkin angry dog if I didnt have a backup phone that was already unlocked I wouldnt even have a way to use my fukkin cell phone service

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
Take it to the Arabs that sell prepaid plans out of gas stations and corner stores…they’ll unlock it

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Don't think you'd have been able to unlock prior. The game changed where you'd normally just feed the phone a code to unlock the network but now they need/want X months of service prior to it becoming an option. This is across all the top level carriers now, I believe. Usual time frame is months. Expect 3 and usually is closer to a year.

I don't believe them saying they can't help. They probably want you back on service to satisfy the months requirement.

There probably is a way. You used to be able to have any employee do it pretty much. Nowadays, not so sure. Truthfully speaking I don't think most of the frontline reps will help considering the hefty unlock policy requirements.

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ive talked to at least 7 different agents in 3 days. Im currently on hold with one right now and I get the feeling they just want me to get frustrated and hang up. Is there ANY WAY to unlock a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra without going through the carrier? I dont give a fukk about voiding a warranty I just need to get the fukk off of the Tmobile restriction. This shyt is making me so fukkin angry dog if I didnt have a backup phone that was already unlocked I wouldnt even have a way to use my fukkin cell phone service

Did you buy your phone outright? If you did not and you’re financing/leasing it that’s your problem. If the device was also associated with an account that still has an outstanding balance you won’t get it unlocked until you pay that.

Device eligibility is determined as follows:

• The device must be sold by T-Mobile.
  • The device must not be reported as lost, stolen or blocked.
  • The account associated with the device must be in good standing.
  • The device must also satisfy all the Postpaid or Prepaid unlocking requirements outlined below.
Unlock eligibility for mobile devices on Postpaid plans

• The device must have been active on the T‑Mobile network for at least 40 days on the requesting line.
  • If the device was financed or leased through T‑Mobile then all payments must be satisfied and the device must be paid in full.
  • If the device is associated with a canceled account, then the account balance must be zero.
  • T‑Mobile may request proof of purchase or additional information in its discretion and certain other exceptions may apply.

Nostalgic

Superstar
Daps
Stop being a shytty Bears fan and that would solve 90% of your life's problems :pachaha:
ksaR7rb.gif

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Don't think you'd have been able to unlock prior. The game changed where you'd normally just feed the phone a code to unlock the network but now they need/want X months of service prior to it becoming an option. This is across all the top level carriers now, I believe. Usual time frame is months. Expect 3 and usually is closer to a year.

I don't believe them saying they can't help. They probably want you back on service to satisfy the months requirement.

There probably is a way. You used to be able to have any employee do it pretty much. Nowadays, not so sure. Truthfully speaking I don't think most of the frontline reps will help considering the hefty unlock policy requirements.

Fraud rings with the Cartel running point is a big reason for this. I was with one of the big three telecommunication companies for eight years and ran four locations. The money some folks were making you would be very surprised. Sales reps getting broke off hundreds and thousands finessing fraudulent iPhones.

:wow:

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
I don't know. By law, all phones have to be unlocked.

Before that came into law, we went to the Indian man(or Arab), pay him 20 quid and he'd sort it

BBG

Superstar
Daps
Yeah I raised enough hell to where they was like fukk it :manny:and just unlocked it

It's a damn shame I had to play phone operator roulette for three days straight before finally getting them to unlock it. And it's not like the agent that did it was risking her job for young BBG because they had no reason to keep it locked in the first place. Wasn't blacklisted, was paid off months ago, I mean they practically told me straight up they were just being a$$holes because I ported the number over (left they bitcg ass) before unlocking the device. Had I just requested the unlock before making them privy of my plans to escape their shytty business model I would have had no issues.

Let this be a lesson to you all: ALWAYS get your phone unlocked BEFORE leaving the provider you bought it from. I still am in disbelief that I just got trolled by T fukkin Mobile for three days straight before somebody decided to be a decent human being.