What Sony's take on dedicated servers for PS4?

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
:usure:

Which exclusive games have dedicated servers?
Most of their 1st party and alot of their 3rd games on the PS3 were dedicated, I don't see why that would change.

MS is doing well by having all mutliplayers dedicated. Even though it won't solve lag problems if they arrive it does help against any other problems.

But is MS footing the bill on these new servers or do the publisher have to pay into them?

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Most of their 1st party and alot of their 3rd games on the PS3 were dedicated, I don't see why that would change.

MS is doing well by having all mutliplayers dedicated. Even though it won't solve lag problems if they arrive it does help against any other problems.

But is MS footing the bill on these new servers or do the publisher have to pay into them?

I believe they get a discount for using MS Azure network. It's not free, but MS priced it competitively. Some Devs already have an established dedicated server network so they don't have to use Azure if they don't want to.

2K REALLY needs it though.

But dedicated servers ARE AVAILABLE to anyone if they want to use it. Not platform restricted either.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/i...aid-service-for-developers-or-free.453142367/

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
I'm thinking since we paying now...they should be a given.
Exactly...

If you want to stay P2P then you can't charge a service fee...If we paying for online now, it better be stable and the only way to ensure stability is dedicated servers...Besides that dedicated servers is the ONLY appealing thing the Xbox has going for it right now...

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I'm thinking since we paying now...they should be a given.

Exactly...

If you want to stay P2P then you can't charge a service fee...If we paying for online now, it better be stable and the only way to ensure stability is dedicated servers...Besides that dedicated servers is the ONLY appealing thing the Xbox has going for it right now...

It depends on the game. Asking whether PSN or Xbox Live will have dedicated servers for games, is like asking whether Steam will have dedicated servers for games. The developer/publisher provides & is responsible for their own games having P2P or dedicated servers, not the platformholder. So, Sony is only responsible if their own 1st & 2nd party games will have P2P or dedicated servers.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It depends on the game. Asking whether PSN or Xbox Live will have dedicated servers for games, is like asking whether Steam will have dedicated servers for games. The developer/publisher provides & is responsible for their own games having P2P or dedicated servers, not the platformholder. So, Sony is only responsible if their own 1st & 2nd party games will have P2P or dedicated servers.
So is Microsoft providing dedicated servers for every MP game even 3rd party and Sony probably will have dedi's for their own published titles and 3rd parties are on their own??

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
So is Microsoft providing dedicated servers for every MP game even 3rd party and Sony probably will have dedi's for their own published titles and 3rd parties are on their own??
No. Developers/Publishers provide or pay their own servers for their own games.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Call of duty has dedicated servers on Xbox and not on playstation. Unless Sony comes up with a solution comparable to microsofts azure, there will more games that follow this trend.

Y'all keep saying exclusives will have them, but that wasn't the case this gen and Sony has not commented on what will happen in the future.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
Y'all keep saying exclusives will have them, but that wasn't the case this gen and Sony has not commented on what will happen in the future.

Some of the shyt you say, I question if you even have a PS3. 1st & 2nd party titles have dedicated servers on the PS3.