What should AEW's "style" be going forward? Or should they even have an "AEW" style?

What should AEW's "style" be?

• AEW Original - gymnastics/goofiness/high spots/workrate

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • More Blood and Guts

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Daps
With the recent issues in AEW, from Cody-Elite, Punk-Elite, even Cornette-Khan, there's always been an argument on what AEW should be. I personally am not a fan of the gymnastics/high spot "Elite" style, or goofiness (think Ghostbusters match, Orange Cassidy, Luchasaurus, etc). BUT I think for better or worse, that was AEW's style. The stuff like Stadium Stampede is what made them stand out. I watched it, as it was different. Now, it seems like they have moved away from it and their growth has plateaued to a bit.

What should AEW's style be? Should it be the gymnastics/goofy/high spot/"AEW Original" style? Should it be more old school? Should it be blood and guts?

When you think of WWE style. You know it. Same for New Japan, PWG, All Japan, etc.

When you think of AEW, what do you think of?

Cattle Mutilation

Superstar
Daps
Why can't it be a mix of numerous wrestling styles? I like watching the lucha stuff, I like watching a good ole ground grappling style like Danielson, I like watching strong style like Kyle O'Reilly, i like watching the big guys like Hobbs, I like blood and guys here and there. Why can't it be a place for all those people?

Finn Baller

Superstar
Daps
now that WWE is gonna be open to vanilla midgets and long matches their whole workrate "BaNgErZzzzz" approach won't be as unique

Do all the things WWE can't do because of being a publicly traded company. Push the sex appeal further with the women and make the gimmicks more reality based on current events. They already overdo the street fights and blood but I guess stick with it if it makes you look different than the competition. Ain't my cup of tea but whatever.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
now that WWE is gonna be open to vanilla midgets and long matches their whole workrate "BaNgErZzzzz" approach won't be as unique

Do all the things WWE can't do because of being a publicly traded company. Push the sex appeal further with the women and make the gimmicks more reality based on current events. They already overdo the street fights and blood but I guess stick with it if it makes you look different than the competition. Ain't my cup of tea but whatever.
I think Jericho should embrace being and alt-right dipshyt. Call his stable the Proud Men.