What program should I do for hypertrophy/looking built(lift numbers inside)

Apex

Banned
Daps
Bench: 100
Squat: 200
Deadlift: 200
OH: 65
Barbell Row: 95

I want to be a pro wrestler and need to look good.

I used to do stronglifta 5x5 but ive heard its for strength and not looking good.

Daps
Reppin
DMV
You can look good doing 5x5 stronglifts...based on your numbers aa long as you eat 90% healthy and progressively overload you good.

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Apex

Banned
Daps
You can look good doing 5x5 stronglifts...based on your numbers aa long as you eat 90% healthy and progressively overload you good.
do u know why it's so hard for me to bench? like it makes no sense that i've gone up to 2 plates for squat/deadlift but i cant do more than 105 bench for sets.

Daps
Reppin
DMV
do u know why it's so hard for me to bench? like it makes no sense that i've gone up to 2 plates for squat/deadlift but i cant do more than 105 bench for sets.

I got to 225 for over 5 reps once I stopped and I started at 135 just cause.

If you dont have a disability its probably your form. Tape yourself benching then re read and watch the video on stronglifts website. Also search bench press tips on youtube and try those too.

I guarantee its your form. Try bringing your arms to shoulder width stance not wide and drive the weight up with your hips and lower back but keep your butt on the bench.

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
I bet you're not retracting and depressing your scapula on the bench. Like breh said, form is important on bench.

• Dap

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Stronglifts is for strength but will probably give you more hypertrophy than a 3X5 type program. The thing about strength and hypertrophy is that they go hand in hand. Whatever hypertrophy program you choose, you will probably get bigger if you can do the same program with heavier weights (which means you need more strength) i would say keep working on strength until you establish a strength foundation. THEN pic

Apex

Banned
Daps
Stronglifts is for strength but will probably give you more hypertrophy than a 3X5 type program. The thing about strength and hypertrophy is that they go hand in hand. Whatever hypertrophy program you choose, you will probably get bigger if you can do the same program with heavier weights (which means you need more strength) i would say keep working on strength until you establish a strength foundation. THEN pic
When will I know I have a good strength foundation?

I'm going to be doing Ice Cream Fitness (3x5 for the main lifts because I'm cutting and you can lower volume if you're cutting).

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When will I know I have a good strength foundation?

I'm going to be doing Ice Cream Fitness (3x5 for the main lifts because I'm cutting and you can lower volume if you're cutting).
It's really up to you. It depends on your hypertrophy goals. How big you want to get and how responsive your body is to weights.

Personally, id say try to get to 2Xbodyweight for deadlift and 1.5XBW for squat. And then maybe bench 1 to 1.25. But again it really depends on you. Then once you reach those goals you decrease weight and got high reps.

But this is a personal process you have to decide on your own.

• Dap