What password manager do you use?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I made the switch from Last Pass to 1Password. To be honest there were features I liked on Last Pass like the fact that I only had to log in once every 30 days on my PCs but 1Password is way more secure.

The reason I chose 1Password was the secret key. They create a long randomly generated string upon account setup. You have to enter it to decrypt your password vault in combination with your master password on any new device. If 1Password got hacked like Last Pass and someone got the vaults they basically not getting into your vault because they need both those passwords to decrypt the vault.

Consequently if you lose that key you could possibly be locked out of your 1Password vault. Fortunately they put the key inside your vault so as long as you can access that you can get it. You also get a PDF with it on there to print out. If anyone still has Last Pass I would suggest getting rid of them. When it comes to security they're beyond negligent.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Trying to move to passkeys and biometric identification (fingerprint/facial recognition) myself.

Passwords going to be archaic soon imo. Apple and Google starting to move heavy in this direction.

Other than that Bitwarden/1Password I'm pretty sure are the same tier.

Last edited:

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
I use KeePass but have 2FA on anything important. I don't understand why anyone was still using LastPass to begin with. This isn't the first or second incident:gucci:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I don't, I just keep watching them get hacked.
If you don't use a password manager in this day and age you run the risk of getting hacked yourself. How else are you going to come up with overly complex unique passwords a human being can't remember for every site? Every month some major site has a security breach.

ryderldb

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I use keepass. Not the most user friendly, but gets the job done. Also, don't want my shyt stored in the cloud like lastpass and 1password does...i think.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I use keepass. Not the most user friendly, but gets the job done. Also, don't want my shyt stored in the cloud like lastpass and 1password does...i think.
I got too many devices.
2 cell phones
4 tablets
3 PCs
My vault has to be in the cloud or it would be too tedious to manage on all those devices. I have no desire to have to manually type out 50 character passwords.