What makes a Game a 10?

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Just thinking, it's all based on individual opinions, IMO there isn't a complete 10/10 because every game either cut a bevy of content, or leaves you thinking that there should've been more.

To me, the only game anticipated that has a viable chance to be a universal 10/10 is GTA VI.

Storytelling and tone that takes cues from RDR 2, a 1980s vice city in HD era, Growing a beard/hair, exercising, deep customization for clothing and vehicles, owning businesses, selling drugs, lifelike world all the same as RDR 2 but in a GTA world is the perfect combination for it to take the title. Problem is with Rockstar they always go backwards after releasing a Red Dead and I hope this isn't a trend they continue....VI has to push the limits and actually show why it's the bigger franchise under their umbrella. Just a thought.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
for me it's just a game that pushes the envelope and keeps me locked in or wanting more whether its 13 hours or 120. Games where the flaws don't do enough to deter me from losing hours immersed in it.

persona 5, botw, witcher 3 and cyberpunk 2077.

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
Games that hold my attention for damn near an unlimited amount of time. That means it could never be an open-world game and it would have to be competitive. I say it a lot but Rocket League was the best game this gen and the only 10 I can think of because there's almost an infinite amount of skill levels to the game. It's like daily brain exercises for me

Kairi Irving

Daps
Games that hold my attention for damn near an unlimited amount of time. That means it could never be an open-world game and it would have to be competitive. I say it a lot but Rocket League was the best game this gen and the only 10 I can think of because there's almost an infinite amount of skill levels to the game. It's like daily brain exercises for me

I categorize fighting games and online games in their own box

It wouldn't be fair to compare a god of war to something like among us

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
when everything in it works together perfectly and you can't find any fault with it

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
10 out of 10 doesn't mean perfect. It just means that the game checked all the boxes of what it was supposed to do and had little to no flaws like glitches or bad writing.

It's like getting a 100 on an assignment in school, you didn't write a perfect essay or anything like that, but you did what was asked of you.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
The game is near perfect where you can overlook the very few flaws in the game. They also have the potential to be defined as a classic game.

Kairi Irving

Daps
when everything in it works together perfectly and you can't find any fault with it

There are no games like that tho

Games that get 10's have some sort of bias from the reviewer projecting their opinion as facts, I.E: TLoU2 reviews

I don't have a single 10 game in my list of all time.

Why-Fi

gnap
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
gnap
There are no games like that tho

Games that get 10's have some sort of bias from the reviewer projecting their opinion as facts, I.E: TLoU2 reviews

I don't have a single 10 game in my list of all time.
technically nah, I guess you can definitely find fault with damn near everything. but on a personal level if everything works for you thats a 10. I don't have that many neither but I got a few

Kairi Irving

Daps
TLOU2 is divisive this is true, but what flaws are in TLOU1?

For TLOU, like you said before, it's a game that did what it was trying to do and that was it's storytelling plus top tier voice acting (there are few games out there with believable VA'ing where you forget it's a game. TLOU joins RDR 1&2 in that, even Uncharted 4 gets a nod in the one playthrough I had in it)

That's where TLOU 2 lost itself, it tries to be something more than what it was, which is why it was berated for being "fake deep", the first game focused on the story itself and not a message. TLoU2 actually solidified everyone's appreciation of the first game because of how much of a clusterfukk it was.

Kairi Irving

Daps
technically nah, I guess you can definitely find fault with damn near everything. but on a personal level if everything works for you thats a 10. I don't have that many neither but I got a few

I guess it's because I'm not as bias as the next person

I love RDR2 at y'all know that but it was missing all that cut content or at least a Undead Nightmare 2

Then, I might've heralded it as a 10/10.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
For TLOU, like you said before, it's a game that did what it was trying to do and that was it's storytelling plus top tier voice acting (there are few games out there with believable VA'ing where you forget it's a game. TLOU joins RDR 1&2 in that, even Uncharted 4 gets a nod in the one playthrough I had in it)

That's where TLOU 2 lost itself, it tries to be something more than what it was, which is why it was berated for being "fake deep", the first game focused on the story itself and not a message. TLoU2 actually solidified everyone's appreciation of the first game because of how much of a clusterfukk it was.

So it's a 10 out of 10 then. :yeshrug:

I guess it's because I'm not as bias as the next person

I love RDR2 at y'all know that but it was missing all that cut content or at least a Undead Nightmare 2

Then, I might've heralded it as a 10/10.

Believe it or not there was a time where RDR1 didn't have undead nightmare. Was it not a 10 out of 10?

The knock on RDR2 for me is that I felt that the controls were not as responsive and the gunplay was overall not as good and fun as RDR1 so I see that as a valid complaint to give it a 9. But to dock it points for not having story based DLC or having "cut content" in a game that is already a 50+ hour playthrough on average I think is a bit excessive.

Kairi Irving

Daps
So it's a 10 out of 10 then. :yeshrug:

Believe it or not there was a time where RDR1 didn't have undead nightmare. Was it not a 10 out of 10?

The knock on RDR2 for me is that I felt that the controls were not as responsive and the gunplay was overall not as good and fun as RDR1 so I see that as a valid complaint to give it a 9. But to dock it points for not having story based DLC or having "cut content" in a game that is already a 50+ hour playthrough on average I think is a bit excessive.

(Referring to TLOU)

No it's still not a 10. Its a great game and TLOU 2's blunder makes it look even better. At least it's not a 10 to me

Kairi Irving

Daps
@CarltonJunior

Everyone that replayed RDR 2 countless times can agree that it definitely should've had more in SP, it was that good. It leaves a feeling that something was missing and it shows.

In RDR 1 I didn't have that feeling. I completed the base story and was satisfied with it.

So no, I'm not being unreasonable.