What made Arkham Knight such a disappointment?

taker597

Superstar
Daps
I'm replaying this game and like it such a weird mish-mash of highly polish work and clumsy mistakes.

There was the Marketing fiasco of hyping up an "original" villain. ( I wonder people still feel the same if they didn't know that, because all in all. It's probably one of the better Batman narratives in Video game)

There was the $40 DLC fiasco, but this gaming is really overfilled with content now at $10 or $15 on PC(Granted... if have a good enough GPU to run) now. The Season of Infamy DLC really helps give the base game much needed variety and balance. Got it 3 years later.

The game does suffer from excessive Villain Monologue Syndrome.

The bosses just suck. If there was ever a remaster... I hope they really fix the bosses. No real one on one combat bosses with Knight, Hush, and Deadstroke is appalling.

There are other issues...

The whole Batman vs. an Army is a tired trope with ridiculous stakes that would probably require the Justice League
BatTank is going full Synder at murdering people
The whole abandon City and no real crime fighting.
Drone tanks is such a cope out
Scarecrow and Knight(While excellently voice acted does wear thin as the sole villains)
If you really lean on the Battank too much. The game does become unbearable

If the DLC campaigns weren't there... The game would be a Tankfest.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I liked it:yeshrug:
its actually the first Arkham game that I collected all the Riddler trophies to get the real ending
but they solely built the city around the batmobile and not the other way around:comeon:
the developers admitted that the DLC with the other Bat Family members was all inside enclosed spaces because they didn't design the city to get around without the batmobile:what:
It would have been cool to play as Robin or Batgirl being on patrol around the city but they didn't design it that way

Last edited:

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
Relied on the bat mobile too much
Tank missions sucked
Everything else was awesome

Thavoiceofthevoiceless

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Voiceless Realm
I was more disappointed with ending to the Hush and Azrael side stories after how heavily they hyped them up from the previous game. There was also the issue of hiding the true ending behind collecting all of the Riddler trophies.