What kinda sound system y'all running in the whip?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Been thinking about this for when I get a new car, I don't know much about sounds systems though. I'm looking for some that's good bang for buck, nothing that takes up a lot of trunk space. Wish I could squeeze for a Durango SRT but them bytches too much:martin:

But yeah if I gone head and pay of this lil debt I can get me something nice early next year, probably February

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Running a 12w3v3 in a custom built, manufacturer spec'd box @30hz off an old sony amp I've had kicking around for years. Not super loud, but it gets real low and sounds pretty nice imo. I also bored out my front 5.25" mid basses and replaced them with some 6.5" polk woofers. Replaced the front tweeters with some hertz's and am powering all of them off an alpine amp. Still running the stock deck, my two amps in the back are getting their audio from a line out converter. I also got an adapter that replaced my cd changer with a digital aux cord for my iphone which also displays track info on my dash.

jxPpswBl.jpg

1UrlBAXl.jpg

If you're getting an suv type vehicle you can get by with a compact sealed 10" or 12" something and be fine. I added a small 12 to my wife's x5 and it knocks hella hard in the cabin.

Last edited:

Allen Poe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
New Orleans --> Las Vegas
I replaced the shytty stock head unit in my FR-S with one of those Android head units, everything is stock though. Upgrading the speakers in this thing seemed like more trouble than it was worth so I just left it alone.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I would recommend a powered sub, those are the best bang for your buck with size as well.

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
Bout to upgrade my stock audio in my suv this week.

Head Unit: Pioneer DMH-W4660NEX
Front Door Speakers: Polk DB6502 (Component)
Amp: Pioneer GM-DX874 (For front door speakers and subwoofer)
Subwoofer: JL Audio 12W0v3-4 (Single 12')
Sub Box: Sound Ordnance Bass Bunker (Ported)
Amp Wiring Kit: Knukonceptz Kolossus 4 gauge (OFC)

Still need to get a extra camera for the front, some sound dampeners for doors, and quick disconnects for my sub.

Last edited:

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Bout to upgrade my stock audio in my suv this week.

Head Unit: Pioneer DMH-4660NEX
Front Door Speakers: Polk DB6502 (Component)
Amp: Pioneer GM-DX874 (For front door speakers and subwoofer)
Subwoofer: JL Audio 12W0v3-4 (Single 12')
Sub Box: Sound Ordnance Base Bunker (Ported)
Amp Wiring Kit: Knukonceptz Kolossus 4 gauge (OFC)

Still need to get a extra camera for the front, some sound dampeners for doors, and quick disconnects for my sub.

Nice. We'll be running the same Polks components and JL sub. Those sound ordnance boxes are nice, I've ran them before. This time I wanted to go a little lower and went with an OE specced box from lifeafterbass

LAB OEM-Spec™ 1.75 ft^3 Ported MDF Enclosure for Single JL Audio 12W3v3 Subwoofer

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
Yooo that sub box is :wow:

If I feel I need more from the subwoofer. Will definitely upgrade to a Dayton Audio and better box like that.

You'll be just as happy with that SD box. That's a nice setup you're about to have there.

Give this a spin once you get everything dialed in :myman:

That Mr Midnight album by Larry June and Cardo goes bananas in the whip too

Ruck

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
You'll be just as happy with that SD box. That's a nice setup you're about to have there.

Give this a spin once you get everything dialed in :myman:

That Mr Midnight album by Larry June and Cardo goes bananas in the whip too

20200727-142554.jpg

My amp wiring kit and sound deadener from Knukonceptz should be delivered tomorrow. Gonna be going camping tomorrow so this will be postponed unti the weekend