What kind of mask should I get when working out

ManBearPig

half man half bearpig
Daps
Reppin
Chi-town
I work out at planet fitness and I was told I'm supposed to wear my mask at all time. The problem is that the paper mask is useless once it get wet and the cloth mask is hard to breathe through.

What kind of mask for these circumstances that are about 50 bucks?

Last edited:

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
I work out at planet fitness and I was told I'm supposed to wear my mask at all times. The problem is that the paper mask is useless once it get wet and the cloth mask is hard to breathe through.

What the be mask for these circumstances that are about 50 bucks?

I run outside in these:
Zensah Performance Face Mask

I carry two of them and switch to the other one if the first one gets sweaty.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
Looking forward to the recs dropped in here.

@The ADD didn't you find one you liked?

These have done me well. I like the over the head strap better than over the ears. For anyone looking I think they have versions for most teams:

Atlanta United FC Fanatics Branded Adult All Over Logo Face Covering 3-Pack

Heard good things about these but haven’t tried them: Made to Move Mask 3 Pack | Athleta

I’ve also been using a neck gaiter and those have been working well. The place I got mine from on Amazon only makes a few kinds so no need to link them. With those you can fold them to get the coverage/breath ability you want.

Tips from having used them a good amount at this point:
  • I haven’t used them for straight up cardio. At this point I can’t see doing it. I do my cardio outside in some form. Do yourself a favor and try to do your cardio in a setting you don’t have to wear a mask.
  • If you wear glasses, ditch them. They will get foggy and it becomes a pain in the ass.
  • Learn to breathe through your nose. Sounds simple but mouth breathing means more moisture and that’s going to be trash no mater the mask and probably make you feel like you are suffocating.
  • For most face mask wear them a little higher up on the bridge of you nose than they are probably intended. It creates a better flow of air in and out of the nostrils IMO.

Last edited:

Psychosis

NYC
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Adidas has the best face masks out at the moment

I've been checking the Adidas site every freakin day, trying to cop a 3pack.
full

They haven't been in stock for a long ass time.

satam55

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DFW Metroplex
I work out at planet fitness and I was told I'm supposed to wear my mask at all time. The problem is that the paper mask is useless once it get wet and the cloth mask is hard to breathe through.

What the be mask for these circumstances that are about 50 bucks?

This seems to be perfect:

US $9.66 50% OFF|Oxygen Barrier Sports Mask Fitness Running Plateau Altitude Riding Training Mask High Altitude Mask For Aerobic Running New|Outdoor Fitness Equipment| - AliExpress

tfSdxqz.jpg

v2mXnDt.jpg

z08p5ju.jpg

XQycgK2.jpg

ykBS4l9.jpg

F9szidf.jpg

This the shyt I'm rocking though:

US $5.46 41% OFF|Running Cycling Dust Filter Activated Carbon Filter Windproof Dust Proof Lightweight Outdoor Sports Bibs|Skiing Bibs| - AliExpress

LB8wBsA.jpg

Q6T1EAG.jpg

Cev94hR.jpg

wb3CRXs.jpg

YYapBIr.jpg

KyH2M7w.jpg

hPtjH1U.jpg

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!

The one with Breathing Valves won't meet the mask requirements in some places, because the air YOU breath out is unfiltered if there is a valve. So if you're the one with COVID you're still spraying unfiltered viruses out on people next to you.