What kind of cord do I need to hook up my keyboard to MV?

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
I bought a cheap ass key player at Target and want to record some keys on my MV. What do I need to do that?

1600-MV8800_back.jpg

Run a MIDI cable from the MIDI out on your keyboard to the MIDI in on the back of your MV-8800. Assuming everything configured correctly the keys will function the same way the pads do for the MV.

Now are you trying to use the keyboard to trigger sounds on the MV? Or are you trying to use the keyboard like a sound module and use the actual sounds that are built into the keyboard in conjunction with the MV?

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
1600-MV8800_back.jpg

Run a MIDI cable from the MIDI out on your keyboard to the MIDI in on the back of your MV-8800. Assuming everything configured correctly the keys will function the same way the pads do for the MV.

Now are you trying to use the keyboard to trigger sounds on the MV? Or are you trying to use the keyboard like a sound module and use the actual sounds that are built into the keyboard in conjunction with the MV?

The latter. Trying to record some sounds on the MV. For some reason when I try recording on the keyboard it already has a melody that I can't figure out how to delete.