What is your favorite video game of all time?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't even have to think about it this is my most favorite game of all time.

Watching this trailer is like watching my childhood because it was so deeply ingrained into my life and friends at the time that this game will forever be in my memory. Hearing the "MELEEEEEEE!!' at the end brings tears to my eyes literally. :to:

Yo! I remember the night this masterpiece entered my home. I was around 11 years old so I had to sleep early because of school the next morning. While lying in bed I hear my brother come in the house from work.

We just got a gamecube like a week after it launch and Melee didn't come out until a month later so Melee had just came out like a day before or so. He comes in the room and was like "YO I GOT MELEE!"

I'm like :stopitslime:

I wasn't beat because he didn't show me anything and it was dark in the room since my grandma was also in there sleeping so he couldn't just make a ruckus. I couldn't just get up or else she'd start to talk shyt.

As I lay in bed that night I hear a "MARIO!" faintly come out the TV in the living room. I was like :merchant:

It was as if that announcer voiced casted silence on me because I couldn't hear nor make a sound. That night was grueling.

I got up the next morning and saw the freaking game case on the TV. I snatched that booklet out the box as if it was lunch money and went to school and showed all of my friends. I felt like the boss at school with the Melee booklet. :win:

That day in school seemed so protracted I wanted to just skip class and run out the building. I get home and IMMEDIATELY turned the game on. I sat there and played the game all day with my school clothes still on.

Fast forward years later and I STILL played the game up until Brawl's release. I must have clocked in a unprecedented thousands of hours maybe over the years.

I only stopped playing it due to brawl being out. I still play Brawl on my computer in glorious HD and with mods to make the gameplay more reminiscent of Melee. Despite me defending Playstation All Stars all the time , I still hold Smash over it largely and love it. I appreciate that game for what it does and it does it a little bit different but Smash Bros will always hold the crown for best mascot brawler ever for me.:salute:

Runner ups would just be a laundry list of games I really like. This was just the only game that I had hype that was through the sky, met it's hype and just was a never ending thrill ride from day 1 to day 1000.

Last edited by a moderator:

One4Deuce

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Minnesota
Really couldn't choose one, but I'd have to go with some series, Jagged Alliance, FIFA and Mario 64/Mario Galaxy 1 & 2

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
RE4

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ou4BdKg02YA"]LilAzNAJ13's Resident Evil 4 Mercenaries: Wesker Castle 253 970 - YouTube[/ame]

Jparker

Innocence lost in the EAST
Daps
Reppin
Durham,NC
:salute:
tumblr_meflwbrt821rkfnpvo1_250.gif

Camammal

Half Man Half Mammal
Daps
Reppin
Marcy
Chrono_Trigger_Artwork1.jpg

Game was so far ahead of its time (no pun intended). The music defined my childhood, I just beat the game just to hear the music sometimes. Also there is no game that ever nailed time travel still til this day like CT