What is the point of marriage?

Noname2014

Banned
Daps
I have my mom and other women in my family pressuring me to date because they think i'll be lonely forever lol. They also ask me if I'm a lesbian (i'm not).Is there actually any benefit to getting married? Do most men and women these days even want to get married? I know a few women that want a baby(through a sperm donor) but don't care about marriage? Is there something wrong with me if I don't really care about getting married that much? I also don't want kids if I don't get married. Is this a millennial thing (thats what my mom thinks)? I'm a introvert and I really enjoy my own company.

Are there any women here who don't care about getting married or could see themselves single forever and still be happy?I wish I didn't have the pressure to live my life for other people/society. Sometimes I wish I could live my life for me.

I really just needed to vent tbh.

Lady.Libra.

~balance~
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
VII
I don't want/have kids and knew it from a very young age. My Mom asked me to settle down and have kids 2 times - I am the only girl and the only one out of my siblings who hasn't given her grandbabies.

I've had proposals but declined at the time and I am very glad I did. I do care about marriage though and desire it later on if my life is spared.

I also enjoy being alone or spending time with friends whom I've known for many years or immediate family. I love/prefer being alone but can take being around people & events in doses - 1-3 hours max then I am ready to go home.

So, no, you aren't strange, alone or bad for who you are. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise either. When you are ready to make life altering decisions, try new things, and take new twists & turns, you will.

Daps
For me first and foremost would be religious reasons, but even without that I'm a romantic person and I think I like the idea of that commitment.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I don't want/have kids and knew it from a very young age. My Mom asked me to settle down and have kids 2 times - I am the only girl and the only one out of my siblings who hasn't given her grandbabies.

I've had proposals but declined at the time and I am very glad I did. I do care about marriage though and desire it later on if my life is spared.

I also enjoy being alone or spending time with friends whom I've known for many years or immediate family. I love/prefer being alone but can take being around people & events in doses - 1-3 hours max then I am ready to go home.

So, no, you aren't strange, alone or bad for who you are. Don't let anyone make you feel otherwise either. When you are ready to make life altering decisions, try new things, and take new twists & turns, you will.

:ehh: So you're introverted like I am... Yeah I don't like being around/in crowds very long especially with ppl I don't know. I really prefer to stay to myself most of the time.

ill_will82

What you see, is what you get
Daps
I have my mom and other women in my family pressuring me to date because they think i'll be lonely forever lol. They also ask me if I'm a lesbian (i'm not).Is there actually any benefit to getting married? Do most men and women these days even want to get married? I know a few women that want a baby(through a sperm donor) but don't care about marriage? Is there something wrong with me if I don't really care about getting married that much? I also don't want kids if I don't get married. Is this a millennial thing (thats what my mom thinks)? I'm a introvert and I really enjoy my own company.

Are there any women here who don't care about getting married or could see themselves single forever and still be happy?I wish I didn't have the pressure to live my life for other people/society. Sometimes I wish I could live my life for me.

I really just needed to vent tbh.

I ain't trying to be funny but you have to tell your ppl to fall back when it comes to your personal life. I've had to do it before. It's cool that family is concerned about your well-being/happiness but at the end of the day, only YOU are responsible for your happiness. You don't live for others, you live for yourself.

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
GFbyFQe.jpg

*Angel*

Frozen Flames Goddess
Daps
Reppin
Goddess power
I don't care about kids but I wouldn't be happy being single forever. That's boring to me and I enjoy having a partner. If I had to be single forever I'd still have companionship from my friends and fam but I wouldn't be truly happy, more like content.

Dwolf

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Murim

:mjgrin: