What is Sony up to?

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is not a troll thread so :stop:
I'm just gonna say it how I see it and you can agree or disagree but don't get mad ok :handshake:

I guess because of greed? Sony wants to maximize profits so they didn't make the PS5 completely backwards compatible. And when they eventually do make that happen (likely in 2023) it won't make a difference because there isn't this large segment of people with old games they just waiting to use again. You would own it digitally by now in most cases but moving on.

The mainstream AAA titles are cross gen, and what that really means is it's not utilizing next gen technology to it's fullest. It's a last gen game with a next gen polish. That's not what anybody signed up for. And 2023 is significant because we know that's when the refresh happens. The PS5 pro in my opinion will be very Xbox like in terms of capabilities with backwards compatibility being a focal point so God of war can actually be a next gen looking and playing game on the pro. It'll be 4K/120 with some Ray tracing and the hype over that will have you forgetting that your PS5 of today is not what you thought it would be. Now like the Series S it'll still play next gen games fine with everything being dynamic 4k hitting lower resolutions than the Series X, ps5 pro/etc.

The fanboys will only pay attention to the pro specs while ignoring the fact Sony sold them a dream yet again. Don't even bother getting a PlayStation 5 until the pro model comes out imo. Unless you don't mind spending again in 2yrs

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
my xbox gathering dust. and you never make any thread about xbox games i should buy
You don't have to lie to kick it. Gamepass feeds you so well that you can splurge on the games that you're interested in that are not in the service like Death's Door. Real gamers know what's up, put down the pom poms ladies :hhh:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Maybe you could possibly grow up and contribute to the conversation? He was clearly trolling and it's weird that you are incapable of seeing that :snoop:

2 years early, I'm putting my guarantee on it that it'll go down exactly like I'm saying here today. If you disagree please elaborate but I'm going to need you to do better than say the Xbox you don't have is collecting dust. Unless that's a reference to the streets of Mexico
forza-horizon5-chevrolet-c8corvette-stingray.gif

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
You don't have to lie to kick it. Gamepass feeds you so well that you can splurge on the games that you're interested in that are not in the service like Death's Door. Real gamers know what's up, put down the pom poms ladies :hhh:
Gamepass? i'm talking about new releases. I buy all the games i like and keep them. What do i need gamepass for? I don't pay monthly fee's on my shyt. a game is 60 bucks new, and can drop as low as 10 when it's been out a while. gamepass is 120 each year whether. I could buy 12 games after a similiar amount waiting for something good to hit gamepass, but it would belong to me.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Gamepass? i'm talking about new releases. I buy all the games i like and keep them. What do i need gamepass for? I don't pay monthly fee's on my shyt. a game is 60 bucks new, and can drop as low as 10 when it's been out a while. gamepass is 120 each year whether. I could buy 12 games after a similiar amount waiting for something good to hit gamepass, but it would belong to me.
So let me correct you right now old pal.
If you already had gamepass, then all you gotta do is created another gamertag. But this is how the process works. You get 3yrs of Xbox live gold on any account that hasn't had a gamepass subscription.

Then for $1 you can upgrade that account to Xbox ultimate which is gamepass and live gold. I paid $180 but it can be had for as low as $90 I believe I heard somebody here say.

After you do this you can still buy any and every game you desire but the thing is gamepass will keep you more fed than you imagined. You'll realize you been a victim of internet society, you stopped thinking for yourself and gamepass gives you the luxury to see what's good on titles you want and titles you would have otherwise skipped. It's value cannot be denied at this point

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
So let me correct you right now old pal.
If you already had gamepass, then all you gotta do is created another gamertag. But this is how the process works. You get 3yrs of Xbox live gold on any account that hasn't had a gamepass subscription.

Then for $1 you can upgrade that account to Xbox ultimate which is gamepass and live gold. I paid $180 but it can be had for as low as $90 I believe I heard somebody here say.

After you do this you can still buy any and every game you desire but the thing is gamepass will keep you more fed than you imagined. You'll realize you been a victim of internet society, you stopped thinking for yourself and gamepass gives you the luxury to see what's good on titles you want and titles you would have otherwise skipped. It's value cannot be denied at this point
Since i already own every backlog game i like, how soon do new releases hit gamepass? Am i spending 180 so i can wait a few months to play new games for "free"? What happens if Xbox only has one or two game i like that year, do i get a refund? i'm a quality over quantity guy, so im not gonna feel like i'm getting my money's worth by playing dozens of games i probably wouldn't have bothered playing just because they're free. for example in 2015 the only two games i liked that year was the witcher 3 and arkham knight, didn't bother with anything else. still have those games too

Last edited:

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
Since i already own every backlog game i like, how soon do new releases hit gamepass? Am i spending 180 so i can wait a few months to play new games for "free"? What happens if Xbox only has one or two game i like that year, do i get a refund? i'm a quality over quantity guy, so im not gonna feel like i'm getting my money's worth by playing dozens of games i probably wouldn't have bothered playing just because they're free. for example in 2015 the only two games i liked that year was the witcher 3 and arkham knight, didn't bother with anything else.
I have over 500 games in my digital backlog, gamepass essentially doubles that. As for what you get? Every week new games land in the service and every month there's a half dozen games that are must play. Here's a post from a satisfied gamer who articulated what is like to have gamepass beautifully...
this game reminds me of super mario odyssey in terms of charm and even gameplay to an extent…gonna “miss it” when I’m done

nearly done but I 100% expect this to get a GOTY nomination and wouldn’t be surprised if it won…I was hesitant at first when I saw the GOTY comments but it’d be hard for this game not to get that type of recognition…like ‘the ascent’ I really had no hopes or real interest in playing this game…turned out to be a great surprise tho…would’ve more than likely passed on this game if not for game pass…see what I did

:wow:
You will find that exact same sentiment echoed everywhere. You'll only see people in your position saying otherwise, not anyone who has it. They cover all bases, it'll pay for itself quickly. And again, if you wanna buy later it'll be cheaper by then. I wouldn't troll a person into spending money, like that is fukkboy shyt.

So I'm cutting the act for a moment, man to man, you won't regret gamepass as a gamer. If you a Madden and 2k only gamer then gamepass isn't for you. For everyone else regardless of where you prefer to game? Gamepass would be of value to you :handshake:

Ruck

Where the hell is Diamond?!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Last Frontier
You know theres a shortage of resources/materials that makes electronic components right? Manufacturers like Samsung and TSMC have already went Marlo Stanfield and raised prices.

I just don't see Sony bringing a 'Pro' version to the market in two years. Three maybe the earliest. And when they do, its either gonna be more expensive, or Sony gonna cut corners to keep it at current msrp.

PS5 Pro

Daps
Reppin
You know theres a shortage of resources/materials that makes electronic components right? Manufacturers like Samsung and TSMC have already went Marlo Stanfield and raised prices.

I just don't see Sony bringing a 'Pro' version to the market in two years. Three maybe the earliest. And when they do, its either gonna be more expensive, or Sony gonna cut corners to keep it at current msrp.
Sony has spoken to that, Jim Lyin to her exact.
They made it clear that in 2023 there won't be a shortage, especially not of the current gen chips that are scarce. They'll be using smaller more efficient chips by then. The price to manufacture drops like always. If systems cost around 509 to make today, regardless of the current chip shortages a system will not still cost 500, in fact Sony already making a profit means it's already begun happening :ufdup:

It isn't a rumor, it's fact they are being made now. And I already broke down why it wouldn't be like a PS4 pro because that was a waste of a system. It was a reaction to Xbox and was a solution to psvr which had more limitations with the regular PS4.

the PS5 pro will be 700 and it'll be much more capable than the PS5. You don't be able to get an equivalent in the PC space at that price. And the GPU will be better than PS5, series X. How much better? TBC...

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
seems like Sony is trying to make sure that their content is A1 and are making sure the last gen players don't leave the ecosystem by appeasing them for the next 2-3 years