What is it with black people and the lack of follow through in business situations?

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
and this aint no racial type thread...im strictly talking to my brothers....

why do simple deals get complicated because nikkas get easily distracted? Why cant we follow deadlines and stop postponing shyt?

WaveCapsByOscorp™

2021 Grammy Award Winner
Daps
i know the only reason i'm slightly behind on things like that is because i'm a procrastinating perfectionist. that's like two of the worst qualities to have together...

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
i know the only reason i'm slightly behind on things like that is because i'm a procrastinating perfectionist. that's like two of the worst qualities to have together...

im the same way. always wait till the last minute and then im rushing to make it perfect.

PikaDaDon

Thunderbolt Them Suckers
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Many times it's simply a lack of fathers/leadership in the home. It oftens takes the military to get some of these niccas right.

I know a girl who imposed a family tradition where all males in her family (her sons when they get older) should serve in the military. I think it's a good rule/custom. Sorta forces the boys to be men.

Theraflu

Newly-wed :blessed:
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Power
OP you have a good thread idea, could lead to an insightful thread but you need to give some specific examples so people know what you mean. More detail is needed in your OP.

real brothers like @Coney Island should give their perspective on this too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
Eh i know what you mean...but this isnt exclusive to black people...i know cats from other races who lack follow-thru as well. I nor anyone would be hard-pressed to give you a ratio or a percentage...we just notice it more cuz were black.

For me im procastinator, ill be honest...lack of focus and well defined goals, and finally what i would like to say is the time/money equation. When i have the time i dont have the money, when i have the money i dont have the time. But ultimately real hustle and real business acumen doesn't wait for any of these things...they just "do" and figure it out as they go along. Yeah its a gamble but not all of us can be successful in business...thats just the way the cards are dealt. Shouldnt stop you from trying...especially if your young and have no kids.

Mr Hate Coffee

Veteran
Daps
and this aint no racial type thread...im strictly talking to my brothers....

why do simple deals get complicated because nikkas get easily distracted? Why cant we follow deadlines and stop postponing shyt?
Simple, because they don't respect you. Plus nikkas expect other nikkas to always cut them some slack but they don't expect it from cacs.

That's why I stopped making beats and gave up all hopes of being in the rap game. nikkas always showin up late to studio time, not being ready to record, etc etc.

But one thing Ive noticed is that if you let nigs know from jump that you aint bout them kinda games they'll adjust. A lot of nikkas think I'm uptight because I'm known to pull out of a deal if shyt aint done right and on time. But they've also seen me be successful so now instead of "Damn nikka relax." its "Ay bruh I got an idea. Just hear me out okay. I got all the paperwork and shyt done already.."

Shameonyou

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i forgot about what made me post this thread honestly

but my premise was that I needed to sacrifice time for money due to me traveling to another country for a family issue. A friend had a contact to get me put on a situation to a new whip that was cheaper I believe...and I think I told him to meet me somewhere and he bailed.