What is 2024's most unnecessary sequel Gladiator 2 or Twisters?

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's been like 24 years since Gladiator but it's been 28 since Twister came out. I don't really get why Hollywood is revisiting either of these franchises after so long.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
giphy.gif

Daps
Twisters could have been a franchise that releases movies every couple years. I mean, I don't remember the events of the first one (haven't seen it in 28 years) but a tornado touching down in tornado season is completely believable. They really left a lot of money on the table. It could have been a natural disaster apocalyptic series of movies. Would have made nothing but bank. People are fascinated by tornadoes.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
It's been like 24 years since Gladiator but it's been 28 since Twister came out. I don't really get why Hollywood is revisiting either of these franchises after so long.

Cuz they Hollywashed now. I honestly can’t tell you the last time I was legit excited to see a movie. I had to start learning film and turn into a snob to even find new ways to appreciate film.

Breh, they keep releasing new Saws. That should tell you how absolutely trash and about the money grab that Hollywashed is at this point.

Last edited:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
The Gladiator one pisses me off because there's so much demand for Roman shyt yet instead of ANYONE making an original movie they've decided to just tack onto that and make it a "franchise." It's just about juking algorithms and metrics for the original film. It's currently on Netflix but I'd imagine they'll add it to Max or whatever else for more money.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Cuz they Hollywashed now. I honestly can’t tell you the last time I was legit excited to see a movie. I had to start learning film and turn into a snob to even find new ways to appreciate film.

Breh, they keep releasing new Saws. That should tell you how absolutely trash and about the money grab that Hollywashed is at this point.
It's another Saw coming out this year too. Direct sequel to Saw 10.