What If? : Instead of X-Men going to the MCU they instead get a GOT style show on disneys new app?

Mcu or episodic GOT style series

• Mcu

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • Series

Votes: 8 72.7%

• Total voters

ig88

Bounty Hunter
Daps
Reppin
Intergalactic
i just watched some video on youtube that gave thisnpossibility and i got to be honest i am all for it.

With daredevil and the punisher being classics.. the only correct way to do X-Men is in this form. Control TV and Film, finally merging the two and doing something NEW... Avengers and FF and team can have the films. But XMEN NEEDS hours and hours to fully pull off. The possibility of xtinction agenda or aoa in entire season arcs is blowing my mind rn. One shot episodes like a real days of futures past.

And with disney having a network that needs viewers, this would make that app MUST HAVE. With amazon getting ready for their new LOTR trilogy that they say will outdo GOT... i see this as the way to successfully build up the xmen characters without hurting what youve built by diverting attention. Just take over television.

Those actors could then move into films as theres no reason why they wouldnt be able to contract them to do both since they now have their own studios and own everything 100 percent.

I honestly think thats the better idea and would leave the film world to the other marvel stars until the big X movies. Imagine if game of thrones ended with a film. Would be the biggest grossing movie of the year.

Plus with 13 hours a year you can dedicate time to building the worlds xmen has. Xmen cannot be told in 2 hour blocks. A 12 hour season is needed for the long story archs they have pulled off.

I mean marvel made daredevil AND punisher CLASSIC again... people think Legion is great.

This is what X-Men needs rn. It would be perfect. Good cheaper BETTER actors they can keep forever. A few stars for appeal. I understand the cgi could get crazy but disney got the budget to make something great. Spin off potential is also crazy.

Starting with charles forming second team and tell a backstory that one day you can go back on in another series.

Man. It would BREAK the tv

Last edited:

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
That is a dope idea and actually makes the most sense for X-Men. Gives them a chance to flesh out all the characters and storylines instead of rushing to fit it into a two hour movie.

O.Red

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
There's a lot of shyt that would be better off as a Game Of Thrones structured series. I've said for years that Mortal Kombat told in the Game Of Thrones format would be :wow::wow::wow::ohlawd::ohlawd::ohlawd:

The problem is structuring a story that layered while juggling dozens of characters effectively is difficult as fukk and takes a lot of time so it's gonna be a rare occurrence

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
I love this idea for teen-centric/"unknown" properties like Runaways or the glut of "alternative comics" properties from Image or Oni Press.... I could list about 50 "universes" that would greatly benefit from being put in a format like this.

X-Men, I think it would be great for solo series or backstories.

edit: nah nvm @OrangeSodaStyle and threadstarter are right.

Atsym Sknyfs

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
But they already have the Gifted on Fox with Magneto's daughter... and Legion with Charles son ...
they can cross them over into those two shows

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is spot on. The og fox xmen cartoon gave us so much detail to every character arc and story telling and no one shotting villains who have deep history wit the heroes. I would hate if disney would display a watered down version of magneto or mr sinister when these guys got decades of schemes.

I always like how in the x men universe the heroes/villains are all a matter of perspective