What happened to the youtube fit community?

Just like bruddas

Couple shooters in the cut.
Supporter
Daps
Hodgetwins are out doing comedy shows, haven't been posing gym videos in months.

Chris Jones pretty much sold out and pumpchasers being a far cry from what POG used to be.

This nikka Elliot became a cult leader.

You have dudes like Christian Guzman taking over the game with fancy edits on some lifestyle of the rich and youtube famous. Dude just records himself buying homes and cars.

Don't even get me started on CT fletcher/Mike rashid shyt

:snoop: shyt is becoming wack man, you do have some good channels like torren Davis and Russwole and Gabriel Sey. Michael Kory and others.

Seems once the money and attention start rolling in, people forget the foundation that got them there in the first place.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I was thinking the same thing. Even Brandon Carter is doing fewer fitness vids now.

I think once folks started seeing there was money to be made off their brands, the actual fitness side of things became less important. And now there's so many people starting fitness channels with the hopes of being the next Hodgetwins or POG, etc. No one's doing it for the sake of actually bringing something new to the table in terms of fitness advice so it's over-saturated.

jilla82

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
the internet
They realized where the money is at.
Vlogging builds a loyal customer base and its free advertising.

Im seeing small business owners doing the same thing now.
shyt...im thinking of doing the same thing in a few months.

Anyway...youre right...a lot of the channels are weak now.
I follow Rich Piana and Chris Jones just for the fukery, and to watch how they work on their businesses.

:skip: I unsubscribed awhile ago from them...I dont remember why though.
What are they doing now?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
raw

I-am-rich-floyd-mayweather-throwing-money.gif

El Guapo

Superstar
Daps
I used to watch almost everyone just a couple years back. Now, I don't really check for anyone at all. They all got boring. The worst is Christian Guzman and his crew making the same format of videos. Random cuts of stuff like brushing your teeth, closing a door, opening a door. Then a little talk which leads to a slow motion edit of workout footage while a slowed down version of a cover of some pop song plays in the background. Then a little more talking. End. Zzzzzzzz.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Hodgetwins are out doing comedy shows, haven't been posing gym videos in months.

Chris Jones pretty much sold out and pumpchasers being a far cry from what POG used to be.

This nikka Elliot became a cult leader.

You have dudes like Christian Guzman taking over the game with fancy edits on some lifestyle of the rich and youtube famous. Dude just records himself buying homes and cars.

:snoop: shyt is becoming wack man, you do have some good channels like orren Davis and Russwole and Gabriel Sey. Michael Kory and others.

Seems once the money and attention start rolling in, people forget the foundation that got them there in the first place.

I hear this dude Christian out here selling $70 T-shirts like he's Nike :dead:

Daps
Reppin
Metro Atlanta
I used to watch almost everyone just a couple years back. Now, I don't really check for anyone at all. They all got boring. The worst is Christian Guzman and his crew making the same format of videos. Random cuts of stuff like brushing your teeth, closing a door, opening a door. Then a little talk which leads to a slow motion edit of workout footage while a slowed down version of a cover of some pop song plays in the background. Then a little more talking. End. Zzzzzzzz.
It's crazy. I feel like YouTube as a whole is getting stale. There's very little originality or uniqueness. Everyone just follows the trends, and right now the main trend is vlogging :francis:

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
:francis:

U are right... everything comes and goes in phases though... and TBH, how much of the same shyt could they do? I watch their stuff out of habit but I'm mainly interested in contest prep/cutting. I love the skruggle :ohlawd:

3DMJ started doing podcasts which are great. A nice change from the same old workout footage.

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
They got in demonstrated value
then cashed in on it (pay for subscription yo their services/ their merch). Basic business for the most part.

Kinda creates an opening for someone new and charismatic to start just putting out free legit content again and start the cycle over again now that everyone is vlogging and doing slow mo cuts with a minute or two of actual training footage

AquaCityBoy

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually watch Chris Jones a lot more now. He has some good recipes in his videos.

Outside of him, the only fitness YouTubers I really fukk with are Elgintensity, BroScienceLife, Barbell Brigade, and Bradley Martyn, all moreso for fukkery purposes than fitness, and even they've all started falling off. Every other fitness channel is just shytty clickbait bullshyt, ads for supplement and clothing companies, and having to sift through ten minutes of bullshyt vlogs for the two minutes of actual interesting content.

Plus a lot of them give shytty advice, like Kinobody ("Don't train legs so much so you can still fit into slim fit pants!" :snoop:), and fitness groupie chicks like Jazmine Garcia, who can't go two sentences without shouting out whatever supplement company is sponsoring her.