South Central Los Angeles
i plan on getting back in the dating game next year after
a 3 year hiatus
and the older i get the more i hear about "courting" :jbhmm:

what exactly is courting?

Ms.CuriousCat

All Star
Daps
Courting has a destination in mind. You're getting to know each other with the intention to get married if you're compatible.

Dating I guess is for the fun of it laissez faire about the future. I know of women who have been dating for almost 10 years holding their breath for a ring. Courtship has an end date, you can't court for 10 years. If you're not a match you move along.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
Most definitions I've heard of courting, is pretty much modern dating with the requirement that the dude actually wants to wife the chick.

In the old days it was something different. Chaperoned dates, asking for the father's permission to take the girl out, going to church together, going through the ringer with the end goal of getting the girl. The plus side was that girls pretty much only got courted by one or two guys at most, so the comp was a lot less fierce. You just had to really want the girl.

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
Fancying a lady and shadowing her doorstep with bounties of confections...

Flexing your savings account while at The Cheesecake Factory... And lightening her silhouette on satin bedsheets and consuming her posterior like groceries.

To start.

Larry Lambo

Superstar
Daps
I've been learning about courtship from her

A little too Christian for me, but I respect where she is coming from.

This is the girl that "nice guys" should be looking for. A girl that is serious about finding a real partner, instead someone that is just looking for the highest value dude that pays her attention.

Bettie

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
The 703
Dating with the intention of a serious relationship (that could lead to marriage). Not dating to have someone on your arm and in your bed.