What do you think will be the new gaming phenomenon the way BR games was this gen?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last gen every developer was chasing Call of Duty. Halo started to implement COD like features into it's games and a host of other games followed suit. Most egregious was games like Uncharted 3 MP :mjlol:

This gen started off seemingly as a continuation of that but then Destiny dropped and sort of changed the game with it's PvE game type which I will get back into later.

I never would've expected Fortnite to become as big as it did. It seemed that BR went from an obscure mode to global gaming phenomenon in a short period of time. This created PUBG and now we got shyt like Apex Legends, COD Warzone, Fortnite, Realm Royale etc.

The other shooters like Overwatch I would consider to be different from COD as it's more heroes/objective based.

What do you think they haven't come up with or executed properly? I think a large scale 100+ man co-op game would be insane in the veins of Destiny's raids.

Imagine a COD zombies or Destiny raid but instead of it being limited to a small party on a small map but instead the entire lobby is fighting against hundreds/thousands of zombies on a huge map and everyone is working together in small squads against enemy AI. That would be insane.

Everybody would start off on different sections of the map and it'd be like battle royale except instead of killing each other, you kill hordes of monsters and the match can only be finished when the entire map is cleared of enemies. Basically BR+horde.

KushSkywalker

Walker Lexus Ranger
Daps
Nothing in gaming quite matches the endorphin release of dropping on an island with 100 plus people fighting to be the last one standing and winning.

I don't think BR will go anywhere. It's just too much tension and excitement.

As too what's next?

Maybe huge online persistent worlds/universes like No Mans Sky but populated with thousands of people?

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Battle royale is gonna be here for a minute, if not permanently.
I’d love to see more full campaign co-op experiences, or at least more co-op in general.
I’d like to see more 3rd person multiplayer games overall as well.

Same here. Can't wait to see what the co-op is like for Horizon 2.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
Nothing in gaming quite matches the endorphin release of dropping on an island with 100 plus people fighting to be the last one standing and winning.

As too what's next?

Maybe huge online persistent worlds/universes like No Mans Sky but populated with thousands of people?
This

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

As too what's next?

it'll compliment BR. Like Warzone and then some other mode that flips the concept on it's head and basically gives us a huge full scale "warzone" with 25~100 players vs hundreds of enemies.

detach

Banned
Daps
Reppin
OHIO
I like the idea of Battle Royale with Zombies instead of gas.

Trapperman Dave

Basil Fawty 
Daps
Reppin
Gamers World Wide
Battle royale is gonna be here for a minute, if not permanently.
I’d love to see more full campaign co-op experiences, or at least more co-op in general.
I’d like to see more 3rd person multiplayer games overall as well.
This why you’re in the hall of fame sir :mjcry: exactly what i want in games going forward

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I think VR might become the next hot thing. I know its gettin more popular but it aint “the” thing yet if that makes sense:lupe:

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
They need to do something like Planetside, except with a decent engine and with proper development time.

It is almost a perfect mix with BR style scale, emphasis on cooperative game play, and fights can be entered or exited on your own decision.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
it'll compliment BR. Like Warzone and then some other mode that flips the concept on it's head and basically gives us a huge full scale "warzone" with 25~100 players vs hundreds of enemies.

50 v 50 on fortnite was so fukking dope...I wish they’d make it a permanent mode