What did you like the most about this generation of gaming (Switch/PS4/XboxOne)

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
I would say it seem like gaming became more community oriented. Streaming became the biggest thing ever with PS4 implementing the streaming function and PC players with online gaming. Twitch Xbox Mixer became the biggest social gaming network's and game clips became awesome.

Gaming news became an instant due to Twitter Yotube.

Just imagine what this generation will bring to the table.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
The remasters/remakes were fantastic. Hope we see more next gen with classics like Metal Gear. Legacy of Kain etc

this too.

MGS or the OG Metal Gear are in DIRE need of updating. Especially the OG Metal Gear from the NES. The "maze" part would be :skip: in an update.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
I like that gamers aren't being lumped together under one category anymore and that there are more varieties of games to cater to different tastes.

The step towards more story-driven and character-focused games keeps you invested for next gen.

And the recovery of Nintendo has helped in a big way to keep the others from getting lazy because there is nobody pushing innovation forward. This was really a reset gen.

Rice N Beans

Junior Hayley Stan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago, IL
Didn't enjoy too much personally. Bought the least amount of console games this gen.

If I could nail down just one thing I liked it would probably be the modernization of the consoles. They can basically function as media PCs and not limited to physical medias to enjoy gaming. I do stream the XB1 to my PC for additional fun. Shame you can't do the inverse with low latency.

TBdaGhost

Bay Bay
Daps
Playstation exclusives tbh :yeshrug:

A bunch of ill Souls like games. Dark Souls 3, Bloodborne, nioh 2, sekiro.

Digital purchases becoming bigger. Sales on digital games, pre loading pre orders.

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Feels the same as last gen tbh, just more sparkly and shiny. Last gen consoles were fantastic once Microsoft/Sony finally ironed out their respective issues.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Everything being digital without question....

Some classics last gen aren't available on the digital store so you'd have to go gamestop or ebay hunting to find them. Finding Blur on xbox 360 was a pain in the ass last years.

Not with this gen, its as easy as a search and add to cart.

Also Game DVR, straight changed the game