What did y’all think about Daniel Day Lewis’ last film, “Phantom Thread”?

Did he retire on a high note or was the film a snooze fest?

• The film was a great way to retire after a great career

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • The film was a snooze fest, what a horrible way to retire after a great career

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • I have no idea and I don’t care

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
It’s been 7 years since this film was release. Do y’all think he retired on a high note or do y’all think the film was a snooze fest? :jbhmm:

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
can’t remember if I saw this…I do remember hearing it was good tho and DDL is a damn great actor…lemme watch the trailer and see if I remember anything

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
can’t remember if I saw this…I do remember hearing it was good tho and DDL is a damn great actor…lemme watch the trailer and see if I remember anything

Yeah it’s on Netflix

It got a lot great reviews, but it just seems like it came and went in a way

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
It’s Top 5 PTA for me. Movie is so intimate and quiet to the point where I felt like Daniel Day-Lewis’ character was going to leap through the screen and yell at me had I made the slightest noise. Greenwood should’ve won an Oscar for the score…that was robbery.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
It’s Top 5 PTA for me. Movie is so intimate and quiet to the point where I felt like Daniel Day-Lewis’ character was going to leap through the screen and yell at me had I made the slightest noise. Greenwood should’ve won an Oscar for the score…that was robbery.

That’s powerful! That’s deep! :wow:

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
hmm I remember the trailer and wanting to see this…dunno why I never followed up on it:patrice:
yeah, im telling you, i think it's because it sort of just came out without a lot of promotion, if i remember correctly?

i just don't remember a big charade about it.

im not saying it was suppose to be a blockbuster hit or anything like that obviously, but i don't even remember that many interviews from Daniel or Paul for that matter for the movie.

and i usually always at least check for interviews from the director and actor(s)/actresses involved in the movie during the press run, even i don't watch the film right away.

but my memory is a blur as it often it is lol