What did u guys think of the movie Bamboozled?

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
It's one of my favorite movies. Really breaks down how the entertainment world works, and what it's like for minorities especially black in showbiz.

Real shyt...and nikkas got mad at Spike Lee for making a movie like that...but it told the truth....cuz years later we got shows like Flavor of Love, Love & Hip-hop, Basketball Wives, and other shows that showcases black folks acting out in the most c00n way....It was pretty much EXACTLY like Spike Lee predicted...damn shame :snoop:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Real shyt...and nikkas got mad at Spike Lee for making a movie like that...but it told the truth....cuz years later we got shows like Flavor of Love, Love & Hip-hop, Basketball Wives, and other shows that showcases black folks acting out in the most c00n way....It was pretty much EXACTLY like Spike Lee predicted...damn shame :snoop:

Yeah the funny shyt is.

If you look at the rotten tomatoes reviews they all try and pan this movie. Or if you read the wikipedia it talks about how the movie is pretty much a copy of other movies. :smh: This movie might be similar to others but the experiences it deals with are unique.

I think people just hate being reminded of the truth so they wanna shyt on this movie cause it's not nice too white people.

Bob Loblaw

Superstar
Daps
"I want nothing to do with anything black for like a week" :russ:

Movie was crazy I had the :eek: for a lot of it, fukked up movie but funny as fukk.

Hill******, slapping my hoes, and Mos Def telling Jada if he had platinum draws on he'd be the nikka :dead:

but that last hour :merchant:

lamont614

Superstar
Daps
Seen this thread rented it from the library dope as movie whatever happed to glover I know tommy Davidson supposedly cracked out now dope ass movie tho vh1 is the new CNS

Smh at the cracker saying he can say ****** because he got a black wife and two bi racial babies

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I thought Bamboozled was a mixed bag; it was a powerful satire and the message was clear and powerful; however, the second part of the film seemed rushed and all over the place. The first half was absolutely brilliant satire and one of Spike lee's finest moments; that second half, not so much.

Roberto Dinero

Dropped from #TnT
Daps
Reppin
The Infamous World's End Houses
I thought Bamboozled was a mixed bag; it was a powerful satire and the message was clear and powerful; however, the second part of the film seemed rushed and all over the place. The first half was absolutely brilliant satire and one of Spike lee's finest moments; that second half, not so much.

I haven't seen it in a long time. I need to rewatch it. But the whole Man Tan getting killed and all that was a little too much.

I'm surprised to see this thread come up though. Its older than dirt!

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
I haven't seen it in a long time. I need to rewatch it. But the whole Man Tan getting killed and all that was a little too much.

I'm surprised to see this thread come up though. Its older than dirt!

Yea it was tonally inconsistent. If it had stayed a straight satire, it would be a classic right now, but the ending was ridiculous; still has so many powerful parts in the film that I use it when I was teaching

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
One of my favorite Spike Lee movies. I'm a sucker for satire, especially the kind that doesn't pull any punches and as said, Spike was throwing nothing but haymakers here. It's unfocused but what else could one expect from a movie driven on pure anger.