What developer should create a game to fill the GTA void

THE 101

House Painter
Daps
Just feels to me like there's a major opportunity for someone to step in and take GTA's open world crime game spot. It's gonna be three gens and close to 15 years between GTA single player games going by that recent report.

Dudes out here fiending.

And yes there's been a million GTA clones over the years and most of them have been average to trash but a major studio who produces innovative interesting games (so that's Ubisoft ruled out) could do some major things in this space.

If only we had got that Sleeping Dogs sequel :mjcry:

BobbyWojak

Superstar
Daps
The single player sandbox isnt viable in 2021, Crackdown 3 and Just Cause 4 didn't seem to do very well.

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cd Project had the opportunity and blew it completely, they were even making an online free roam like GTA online until they had to abandon it just so the single player could be salvageable

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
There is no filling GTA's void. Many have tried and they barely are able to keep their own franchises afloat. I actually thought about Sleeping Dogs when I saw this thread, but while I think a next gen reboot could be a cult classic, GTA's shoes are just too big to fill. shyt, its last iteration will probably continue to sell more than any competitors that release between now and GTA6:mjlol: