What Countries Do American Rap Artist NOT Perform In??

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
We all hear about Europe, and how that continent is "good to a struggling rapper" that doesn't get the same promotion or fame in the U.S. but what about the rest of world. It seems the last 5 years or so, artist have made their way into Africa, but I assume stereotypes, safety issues, technical problems may prevent them from going there more often...or maybe its a financial situation with currency...IDK. On the other hand, I know spots like China, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, maybe some other countries would restrict artists b/se they don't want to "dirty" their society you could say based on notions of rap. Remember when Beyonce went to Malaysia and they wouldn't let her perform, or she could perform but had to be covered or something like that. Then JayZ was trying to perform in China, but I think they rejected him outright or either let him perform pre-approved songs. Some of it IS LANGUAGE AND CULTURE, true, but then again when they do shows up in these "off beat" countries their concerts are always packed.........

I'm just saying, Europe and Japan can't be on the only global spots American rappers make their bread....

hip-hop-world-cover.jpg

razassin

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Re-reading your post, I'd say that american rap artists only perform in places where there is demand for them. I'm colombian, and i've only heard of 50 cent, Onyx and Snoop Dogg throwing big shows down there. This happens because american rap is not that big down there in south america except for artists who've had crossover hits such as eminem, 50 cent, nelly, etc.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Re-reading your post, I'd say that american rap artists only perform in places where there is demand for them. I'm colombian, and i've only heard of 50 cent, Onyx and Snoop Dogg throwing big shows down there. This happens because american rap is not that big down there in south america except for artists who've had crossover hits such as eminem, 50 cent, nelly, etc.

Adds "American" to title....

emoney

custom user title
Daps
almost all the big names have been to either Nigeria, Ghana, or South Africa at least once

emoney

custom user title
Daps
its important that African-American artists realize that the international market does not just consist of the UK and Japan