what can i do with an old ps3..

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
pretty tech inclaned but dont want to put a new hd or any of that..also already got kodi and all thst..

really kinda want it to b an emulater box.. can i make it happen?

point me in the right direction.

Judo

Producer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LevelUp+ 2020 & Beyond
One of my worst days ever was when I bricked my 3.55 Jail broken PS3.:mjcry: My shyt was beautiful. I had so many games, plus NES, SNES, & Sega Genesis emulators. I felt like I could take over the world with that thing.
Sorry to hear that. How did you brick it? I remember testing out jailbroke on my ps3 when the keys to the ps3 was leaked. I tried it, but I said fukk all that. :sadcam:

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
any lunks breh breh @Liquid
ebay has a few people who will downgrade it. Total cost will be about $50 or so. Keep in mind, that's just flashed to official 3.55 Firmware. You will have to jailbreak it yourself.

Renkz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Doesn't it matter which firmware or ps3 you have as if your firmware is to update it probably can't be downgraded, and some ps3 have issues downgrading[slims]

Black Ball

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Mighty LBC
Sorry to hear that. How did you brick it? I remember testing out jailbroke on my ps3 when the keys to the ps3 was leaked. I tried it, but I said fukk all that. :sadcam:

A new major update came out around late December of 2013 I believe. I rushed to install it before it was completely stable. It worked on certain PS3 models, but bricked other models. A stable version came out a day later:mjcry:.

There were very complicated instructions on how to recover it, but I knew that shyt was over my head. It involved buying special tools online. Doing data dumps & soldering the insides of my PS3:why::mindblown:. I tried looking for somebody on craigslist that could possibly do it, but no luck there.

Hersh

Superstar
Daps
ebay has a few people who will downgrade it. Total cost will be about $50 or so. Keep in mind, that's just flashed to official 3.55 Firmware. You will have to jailbreak it yourself.

i could do it by myself

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
Do you play your ps3 a lot?

You could back up all your games to the HDD and play them with out the disk.

You could turn it into an HTPC.

Could turn it into a retro emulator machine

And the obvious, you could pirate all the games you didn’t get to play during that era