What are the chances Microsoft turns things around or sells Xbox to become a publisher within 10 years?

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
PS5 is outselling the Series S/X 3 to 1.

I bought a Series X thinking they'd eventually release good exclusives, but that's turning out to be a bad decision seeing as they're putting their exclusives on PS5. I've read comments saying they want to become a Publisher and it's looking that way.

I'm not sure who would try and compete. Amazon? Apple? Valve is too small. And you have to think, they have zero experience to building a console.

Maybe Nintendo can jump back and start making serious hardware.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY

What are the chances Microsoft turns things around​

as far as console hardware is concerned, very low.

Xbox to become a publisher within 10 years?​

they pretty much already are. In their game trailers it doesn’t end with an xbox logo it ends with Microsoft gaming.

their future is being A major publisher, they might produce even more niche hardware of some sort but it won’t be really talked about like that outside of enthusiast bubbles, like the steamdeck

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
movie-time-movie.gif

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Why would they sell Xbox? They can just transition the home console to something else like a portable, another option is to license the tech to other manufacturers who can make their own versions, or stop making them all together.

They seem like they want to give it another go on a home console but it’s apparent they haven’t solved the issues that put them in the position they’re currently in.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
xbox making a portable might be the worst idea I’ve ever heard of :mjlol:

As if competing with valve and nintendo is going to be any easier than competing with sony