What Are Some Old Games That Nowadays Would Be Accused Of Being "SJW" By Angry Nerds?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Cloud+Dress.jpg

if FFVll came out nowadays I could see Cloud being called a "cuck" or "soyboy" (or whatever corny term dudes use nowadays) for the cross-dressing scene, even though back then no one was really thinking deeply about that stuff :ehh: in today's context though, that scene would make the entirety of FFVll to be "SJW propaganda" for people paranoid about these kinds of things.

makes me wonder how squeenix is gonna handle that scene with the remake tho

Slystallion

Live to Strive
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Nah that's just Japanese culture... They don't say anything about anime right?

Can't really think of any game with a social justice premise

Especially nothing from the 90s since that was the opposite of political correctness and culture was about being a rebel and hyper sexual in all media...

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
This would be a better thread

Yea that would make a waaay better thread. But anyway...

I dunno maybe the old Tomb Raiders. Those Odd World/ Abe games

Can't really think of any. But I could easily come up with a list that wouldn't survive in these hyper sensitive times.

Tifa's titties... people actually complain about that nowadays.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
Kratos in every god of war game before this one came out...

They toned the violence down A LOT...

One of them games had a minigame were you were fukking a bunch of women in between missions and shyt...

The conan games that came out on xbox 360 were you would save women and they would be topless talking about "crush me with your love"

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Cloud+Dress.jpg

if FFVll came out nowadays I could see Cloud being called a "cuck" or "soyboy" (or whatever corny term dudes use nowadays) for the cross-dressing scene, even though back then no one was really thinking deeply about that stuff :ehh: in today's context though, that scene would make the entirety of FFVll to be "SJW propaganda" for people paranoid about these kinds of things.

makes me wonder how squeenix is gonna handle that scene with the remake tho
I can't imagine that scene being in the remake at all.
The Cloud we saw in the original FF7 and who he later became in the movies is at complete polar opposite ends.
I think the remake is going to keep Cloud with the same vibe he had in the movie and subsequent games he was featured in.
In the original game, Cloud had a Naruto-like innocence to him that allowed him to be in goofy scenes like that one.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Kratos in every god of war game before this one came out...

They toned the violence down A LOT...

One of them games had a minigame were you were fukking a bunch of women in between missions and shyt...

The conan games that came out on xbox 360 were you would save women and they would be topless talking about "crush me with your love"
Have you played the new GOW? Because I disagree with this 100%.
And I haven't finished the game yet (so don't spoil anything), but I could have sworn they have that same "sex minigame" or something similar just like all the other ones had.