What are some ideas you’d like to see in the next mainline 3d mario game?

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
What would be big enough in the next 3d Mario that would have you running out to buy a switch 2?

I think just go for it, make it completely open world, and you can use warp pipes to essentially fast travel, and you also get a tanooki tale, wings, or a cape to fly and glide where you want eventually.

Also give mario a bigger move set, let me equip costumes and learn new skills from them, kind of like kirby.

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
What would be big enough in the next 3d Mario that would have you running out to buy a switch 2?

I think just go for it, make it completely open world, and you can use warp pipes to essentially fast travel, and you also get a tanooki tale, wings, or a cape to fly and glide where you want eventually.

Also give mario a bigger move set, let me equip costumes and learn new skills from them, kind of like kirby.
:whoa:

Jaguar93

Superstar
Daps
God damn the answer you fools have to every game is make it open world :dead:

I knew that was going to be the suggestion before I even opened the thread.
:russ: I agree not every game has to be open world. But I wouldn’t be surprised, if the next 3d Mario game. Was heavily influenced by BOTW’s open world and physics. A fully explorable mushroom kingdom, and its surrounding areas.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yea Mario as open world is a terrible idea. Open Sandbox is the ideal approach.

The biggest thing is how more will function cause Nintendo always makes that dynamic refreshing across each mainline 3d game minus Galaxy 2 since it obviously was a sequel.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Can Bowser sit out being a villain for once? Let Wario & Waluigi be the main villains in a major game for once.

That would be interesting. They have no problem sitting bowser out for the spinoff gams but never mainline (aside from 2 and we know why) so having wario and waluigi be the main antagonist would be fun.

Like wario overthrows the koopa empire, and makes everything wacky and weird in its place like wario ware. Imagine if the twist is you gotta save bowser because wario’ s empire is way worse

Last edited: