It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
"Evangelion" Creator Hideaki Anno Discusses Rei Versus Asuka

This is old but it was brought up in a recent youtube video and I'm just learning this now

In evangelion, when anno was discussing how he feels about the character Rei Ayanami, this is what he said:

"The truth is, I have no emotional attachment to Rei at all.

In the midst of making Eva, I suddenly realized that I had forgotten her. Her very existence. For example, in episode seven, I remembered and added one shot with Rei. I had no attachment to her at all. I think that was okay, because in episode eight, she didn't appear. Not even in a single shot. "

There's people who STAN this character and the creator was forgetting she even existed within the first 10 episodes. breh gave absolutely 0 fukks. :dead: That's kinda wild considering she's one of the main characters though.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Ruin the novels :dead:

They are each its own experience. It’s not like cote where the pacing is super hot garbage making the anime trash.

Misfit is solid and entertaining. Not a perfect experience by any means. But one that is worth watching or at least giving a shot.
Stuff like Spy Classroom and Classroom of the Elite have taught me that it's better to read a story you find interesting first then use the anime as a way to hopefully have a competent recap of your favorite scenes and moments animated.

There's too many variables involved in the anime making process. With a novel a good author alone can make a great book. With an anime if the series composition and director aren't good enough they can take even a great book and have it go sideways.

Spy Classroom should have abandoned the plot twist of the first book and played it straight. It wasn't written by the author to be something that could be easily animated. Instead the director tried to reconstruct the anime to preserve a twist that couldn't be hidden in visual media. Destroyed the pacing.

I just hope they don't screw up Reign of The Seven Spellblades.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Stuff like Spy Classroom and Classroom of the Elite have taught me that it's better to read a story you find interesting first then use the anime as a way to hopefully have a competent recap of your favorite scenes and moments animated.

There's too many variables involved in the anime making process. With a novel a good author alone can make a great book. With an anime if the series composition and director aren't good enough they can take even a great book and have it go sideways.

Spy Classroom should have abandoned the plot twist of the first book and played it straight. It wasn't written by the author to be something that could be easily animated. Instead the director tried to reconstruct the anime to preserve a twist that couldn't be hidden in visual media. Destroyed the pacing.

I just hope they don't screw up Reign of The Seven Spellblades.
I mean do agree those all were awful adaptations. And in general light novels are much harder to adapt than manga were obvious reasons.

It is very very very rare to get a great light novel adaptation Like 86 and MT. But nobody should be expecting that level of quality. In the case of Misfit Anos being voiced adds a great dynamic that can’t be experience through just reading.

To me each of the 3 mediums have their own strengths. (Novels, manga and anime). I think it’s great to see when one medium adapts another how does it translate. In the case of spy classroom the awful direction created the problem you mentioned. That isn’t a problem with the medium if the dudes in charge are idiots.

You prefer the full story which is why you prefer novels which is cool. Obviously in 95% or the case the medium in which the series was originally written for will be the best way to experience it. But anime adaptations have their use. And In cases like bocchi a different medium can be used to make the series even better than it was originally.

This isn’t a black and white issue.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Got through episode 60 of Bleach :damn:

I knew Aizen was still alive, but didn't expect this fukker to be orchestrating everything. I knew Gin was bad news from the jump, but man he looks tame in comparison to Aizen now. They did a really good job here at making you hate Aizen here very impressed. :ehh:
Every time you think he's about to catch his comeuppance for the fukkery, this mf activates his Trap card on some:mjgrin:

After a while you're just like he can't keep getting away with this right? :mjcry:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man blue lock is straight crack :wow:

I really want to read the manga but the anime is so good. Isagi a straight demon, cold with it too :damn:

Forcing kings to their knies only to force them to awaken :blessed:
isagi: pass me the ball :demonic: thank you.

barou:
200w.gif

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
@tripleaamin Finished what they had available for Eminence and your estimate was right on point. It wasn't top tier, it wasn't trash, and it was a little better than just mid. It needs a lot of work going forward but I wouldn't be against a 2nd season.

Following up with the manga and good God they did wonders with the animation because this art style is borderline ass. :scust:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
@tripleaamin Finished what they had available for Eminence and your estimate was right on point. It wasn't top tier, it wasn't trash, and it was a little better than just mid. It needs a lot of work going forward but I wouldn't be against a 2nd season.

Following up with the manga and good God they did wonders with the animation because this art style is borderline ass. :scust:
I do have the 1st vol of Ln and I heard the manga is more comedic then the Ln or the anime. But wouldn't be surprised if the art sucks. Cause that aspect gets hella overlooked from Ln -> Manga.

Considering it is one of the most popular Isekais in that regard a 2nd season is guaranteed in that regard. Biggest thing is the comedy imo. While it is very entertaining I def felt that could use improvements in consistency.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I do have the 1st vol of Ln and I heard the manga is more comedic then the Ln or the anime. But wouldn't be surprised if the art sucks. Cause that aspect gets hella overlooked from Ln -> Manga.

Considering it is one of the most popular Isekais in that regard a 2nd season is guaranteed in that regard. Biggest thing is the comedy imo. While it is very entertaining I def felt that could use improvements in consistency.
Yeah the comedy element wasn't bad, some of the best involved Beta. His unintentional moments were supposed to hit but didn't 90% of the time for me, there's others that have done it better so the bar is higher.

The most disappointing character was Alpha. She's so flat and she's positioned as the chief secondary character but they give you nothing to care about. At least with an Albedo or Shield Hero's slave chick, you had things that stood out. She lacks that entirely.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah the comedy element wasn't bad, some of the best involved Beta. His unintentional moments were supposed to hit but didn't 90% of the time for me, there's others that have done it better so the bar is higher.

The most disappointing character was Alpha. She's so flat and she's positioned as the chief secondary character but they give you nothing to care about. At least with an Albedo or Shield Hero's slave chick, you had things that stood out. She lacks that entirely.
Yea the comedy direction was weird. There were times they nailed it and others I'm llike this is supposed to be hilarious but it's not funny. But that can be fixed.

Alpha is the biggest issue of please show don't tell me. She is literally in the background outside of maybe 4 episodes? Albedo makes her presence known very well compared to her so far the only thing resembling a personality was her telling Delta to get her act together. This is another that could be fixed with more screentime considering she is obviously an important character. Having connections with both Beatrix and Olivier.

But overall the cult girls end up being mostly disappointing as characters. Delta literally acting like a dog and Gamma being clutz are the only personalities that differentiate.