Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished No Game No Life - started this in 2014 and picked it back up about a decade later. Usually I can watch something and, like or dislike, understand why its received a certain way. I'm legitimately confused as to why this was mega popular. Maybe because the isekai wave hadn't spread like crack yet.

Finished Yashahime. It was pretty bad, but I'm at least glad I gave it a chance. Turning in my Rumiko fan card forever now, career ended in 2000 far as I know.

Getting through Mob Psycho. This is shaping up to be of my absolute favorites. Only reason I didn't already have it on my 20 list is I never finished it.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Man Omaeda behaves just like your average Coli breh. Mans saw a whole ass skeleton turning shyt to dust, including his boss and said "Nope." :hubie:

Being real, Barragan, Starrk, and Ulquiorra definitely have the best drip in the Espada, possibly the series. Kubo was in his bag with these character designs.

Too bad they jobber all the Arrancar out. Even with bankai, I thought the Captains shouldn't have been able to low diff most of them.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
similar to blue Lock you will either love it or hate it. It all depends how you feel of the comedy. Basically is more comedic overlord.

For shows airing it’s not in the same level as Vinland, BSD, or Danmachi obviously. But I found it very entertaining watching it weekly.
Yeah I'm on Episode 6 and I see why you said it's not on that top tier. There's a lot of tropes for Isekai, I mean a LOT to the point where it feels like the author is having a nudge and a wink with the audience. So I'm not going to trip too much off them biting Overlord.

I will say it's well animated and it's surprisingly brutal in the action scenes. I'll stick with it to see where it goes.
Too bad they jobber all the Arrancar out. Even with bankai, I thought the Captains shouldn't have been able to low diff most of them.
Yeah

The only ones I remember getting smashed with no problem were Szayel and the goofy one who was created to seal Genryrusai's bankai. Byakuya took heavy injuries against Yammy, Kenpachi almost died against Nnoitra and needed help with Yammy, Soi Fon lost an arm and should have died against Barragan. Halibel and Starrk especially were done the dirtiest but also did the most damage because they were fighting several Captains and former Captains.

Kubo was a victim of his own success because he made the Espada too smooth to realistically take a loss without some character deaths. Ain't no way Barragan should have lost even in that 3 on 1 situation. And Starrk was wrecking Captains without breaking a sweat only to lose to a broken Shikari.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah I'm on Episode 6 and I see why you said it's not on that top tier. There's a lot of tropes for Isekai, I mean a LOT to the point where it feels like the author is having a nudge and a wink with the audience. So I'm not going to trip too much off them biting Overlord.

I will say it's well animated and it's surprisingly brutal in the action scenes. I'll stick with it to see where it goes.

Yeah

The only ones I remember getting smashed with no problem were Szayel and the goofy one who was created to seal Genryrusai's bankai. Byakuya took heavy injuries against Yammy, Kenpachi almost died against Nnoitra and needed help with Yammy, Soi Fon lost an arm and should have died against Barragan. Halibel and Starrk especially were done the dirtiest but also did the most damage because they were fighting several Captains and former Captains.

Kubo was a victim of his own success because he made the Espada too smooth to realistically take a loss without some character deaths. Ain't no way Barragan should have lost even in that 3 on 1 situation. And Starrk was wrecking Captains without breaking a sweat only to lose to a broken Shikari.
I def feel like it also pokes fun of generic isekais. Like Cid having a harem but him being basically him no romantic feeling towards any of them.

Outside of demon slayer (cause nobody is topping that animation wise) it is def one of the best animated series as of late. For one fight the animation is beautiful and was more entertaining than the actual fight.

I do prefer it to overlord since Ains being so op can really kill tension at times. Here the comedy helps mix things up. I guess it comes down to whether you prefer comedy or Worldbuilding between

Imo 2nd half is where eminence found its stride since looking back it did start kind of slow and weird.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I def feel like it also pokes fun of generic isekais. Like Cid having a harem but him being basically him no romantic feeling towards any of them.

Outside of demon slayer (cause nobody is topping that animation wise) it is def one of the best animated series as of late. For one fight the animation is beautiful and was more entertaining than the actual fight.

I do prefer it to overlord since Ains being so op can really kill tension at times. Here the comedy helps mix things up. I guess it comes down to whether you prefer comedy or Worldbuilding between

Imo 2nd half is where eminence found its stride since looking back it did start kind of slow and weird.
Yeah I haven't seen enough of it to place it above Overlord but I do think the comedic timing is very similar. The fact that almost all these mfs in this genre always build an exclusively female squad and at the same time have no interest in them will never not be funny to me.

As far as the writing, it's too shallow right now. For instance, in the last few episodes I saw the "twist" or angle within the first few minutes of the show. So they're not trying to build based on an intricate plot it's just embracing the fukkery and enjoying the ride.

Oh I'm:deadrose: at you saying he's not overpowered like Ains. This little b*stard has been effortlessly hoeing everyone in a 10 mile radius, he's never in danger. They tried to nullify his magic and he let himself get killed as a gag. Mans blocked a top agent's sword strike with a yogurt spoon.

Not overpowered though. :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Yeah I haven't seen enough of it to place it above Overlord but I do think the comedic timing is very similar. The fact that almost all these mfs in this genre always build an exclusively female squad and at the same time have no interest in them will never not be funny to me.

As far as the writing, it's too shallow right now. For instance, in the last few episodes I saw the "twist" or angle within the first few minutes of the show. So they're not trying to build based on an intricate plot it's just embracing the fukkery and enjoying the ride.

Oh I'm:deadrose: at you saying he's not overpowered like Ains. This little b*stard has been effortlessly hoeing everyone in a 10 mile radius, he's never in danger. They tried to nullify his magic and he let himself get killed as a gag. Mans blocked a top agent's sword strike with a yogurt spoon.

Not overpowered though. :mjlol:
Oh na didin't mean that :whoa:

He might be even more OP then Ains in all honesty. But the comedy aspect helps mixing things up. Like if you take out the comedy in this show it just basically another Overlord, but with a less interesting world. Honestly would pretty bad if that was the case.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps

Nice that NieR will be back soon.

But even with the pacing feeling a lil overwhelming. Misfit is actually even more interesting then in S1. S1 was just Anos stunting, S2 he is still stunting (tho I think the voice change has made that aspect very slightly worse), but everything regarding spirits and other plot points being brought full circle makes the story and world interesting.

This may sound weird, but as anime product in itself S1 > S2 so far. But S2 in terms of lore and the world S2 >>>>>>> S1. I'm honestly interesting in reading the Light Novel now compared to S1 where I was just here for Anos fukkery.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Nice that NieR will be back soon.

But even with the pacing feeling a lil overwhelming. Misfit is actually even more interesting then in S1. S1 was just Anos stunting, S2 he is still stunting (tho I think the voice change has made that aspect very slightly worse), but everything regarding spirits and other plot points being brought full circle makes the story and world interesting.

This may sound weird, but as anime product in itself S1 > S2 so far. But S2 in terms of lore and the world S2 >>>>>>> S1. I'm honestly interesting in reading the Light Novel now compared to S1 where I was just here for Anos fukkery.

Can’t even watch Misfit. I don’t want to ruin the novels by watching the anime first.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Can’t even watch Misfit. I don’t want to ruin the novels by watching the anime first.
Ruin the novels :dead:

They are each its own experience. It’s not like cote where the pacing is super hot garbage making the anime trash.

Misfit is solid and entertaining. Not a perfect experience by any means. But one that is worth watching or at least giving a shot.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjlol: No Context. If you know, you know.

Donkey-Species-Image_1.jpg