LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@LordDeathwatch

Breh I forgot to mention this.

Is it me or did Uqiora sound a lil salty when he took that L?

Breh was like, “go ahead finish me, I lost, you won’t even hesitate and you’ll just finish me off like hollows do.”

Something like that.

:mjlol: :mjlol:

I was also reading the comments section of a YYH vs HXH video, and they said that Bleach took a lot from YYH and that the manga almost wasn’t finished because of that.

Thoughts?

:jbhmm::jbhmm:
It's actually funny you heard that because it's usually Naruto that gets the brunt of the hate for copying HxH. The fact of the matter is that YYH and HxH changed the game and set the table for everything that came after them, even though their descendants have become more popular. Kishimoto (creator of Naruto) admitted that he was heavily influenced by Togashi, Kubo (creator of Bleach) has named him as an inspiration as have Gotogue and Oda (Demon Slayer and One Piece) among many others. As far as it having any bearing on the manga, that's due solely to a chunk of the fans falling away from the series and it losing popularity as a result due to not liking the direction of the last arc.

As far as Ulquiorra, I don't think he was salty but he was definitely scornful and looked down on Ichigo's Vasto Lorde form as a mindless beast like any basic Hollow. Ulquiorra really was an embodiment of nothingness, even faced with immediate death he remained in that mindset. The only time that changes is ironically in his last few seconds with Orihime and understanding how that emptiness could be filled.

He was more than willing to fukk Ichigo up after he regained control though, was about to cut his arm smooth off just like he asked. :mjlol:

Balla

Superstar
Daps
It's actually funny you heard that because it's usually Naruto that gets the brunt of the hate for copying HxH. The fact of the matter is that YYH and HxH changed the game and set the table for everything that came after them, even though their descendants have become more popular. Kishimoto (creator of Naruto) admitted that he was heavily influenced by Togashi, Kubo (creator of Bleach) has named him as an inspiration as have Gotogue and Oda (Demon Slayer and One Piece) among many others. As far as it having any bearing on the manga, that's due solely to a chunk of the fans falling away from the series and it losing popularity as a result due to not liking the direction of the last arc.

As far as Ulquiorra, I don't think he was salty but he was definitely scornful and looked down on Ichigo's Vasto Lorde form as a mindless beast like any basic Hollow. Ulquiorra really was an embodiment of nothingness, even faced with immediate death he remained in that mindset. The only time that changes is ironically in his last few seconds with Orihime and understanding how that emptiness could be filled.

He was more than willing to fukk Ichigo up after he regained control though, was about to cut his arm smooth off just like he asked. :mjlol:
Naruto copying HXH? I never heard that one before, nor have I heard of anyone copying HXH.

:ohhh: :ohhh:

I keep forgetting that it’s an old show.

Is the copying that noticeable where I can see it without trying?

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naruto copying HXH? I never heard that one before, nor have I heard of anyone copying HXH.

:ohhh: :ohhh:

I keep forgetting that it’s an old show.

Is the copying that noticeable where I can see it without trying?
Yeah once you get to the Chunin Exam you'll see quite a few direct parallels with the Hunter Exam. It gets less noticeable after that arc but there's still certain stand out elements into the end of Part 1, which is before the time skip.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Every once in a while a low flying quality series that deserves a second season gets one. 13 episode 2nd season.

xiceman191

Superstar
Daps
Eminence in shadows :wow:

They did the novel justice. Instead of rushing they took their time.

We need a season 2 the next 3 arc are the best of all.
Only one episode left now I gotta find something to do on wednesdays:mjcry:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
BSD is criminally slept on even with the current season. :snoop:
yea it’s crazy to me. Great writing and characters. Dope action. And the backstory at the start of each season after S1 is dope.

I guess people just prefer watching their fast food anime over quality. It’s a shame that like Golden Kamuy only Japan cares about BSD.

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
What's bsd?
Bungo Stray Dogs.

@twan83 That last Danmachi episode was actually hopeful, so based on what you keep saying, I should expect that to mean shyt is going to take a hard left further into the abyss.:mjcry:

I was right about my prediction like a month ago about the Xenos coming in to save the squad though. :blessed:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Spy Classroom gotta be one of the weirdest Ln adaptations. Last 3 episodes have been actually surprisingly solid focuses on each of the girls. But since it all happens before episode 2 it has a what is the fukking point. Like it isn't the worst Ln Adaptation but the direction is so bad that it is better to watch in an alternative order not episode order.

SPOILER_image.png

u9vXbrM.jpg

Pacing may have been pretty bad so far in S2, but Maple be killing me :deadrose: consistently.