What about the Caribbean?

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Do Caribbean nations have the open mind to create actual cities that can cater to allowing blacks to have more options to leave America or do you think the islands will mostly continue to be a place dependent on tourism and retirement?

The only islands I see that could do what Africa is doing at the same level are the bigger islands/countries like Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad, Guyana, Suriname and Belize.

How does that sound or am I late to the party?

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We were brought to the Caribbean as slaves and don't own the land.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Over a hundred years late to the party.
Two leaders of Haiti directly did what you're mentioning in the 19th century. Mentioned that several times in 2019 when the misinformation campaign spurred by youtubers was being repeated across this site.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Over a hundred years late to the party.
Two leaders of Haiti directly did what you're mentioning in the 19th century. Mentioned that several times in 2019 when the misinformation campaign spurred by youtubers was being repeated across this site.

Dope! Thanks. Last night I was binge watching African cities and realized Africa also promotes Caribbean folks to come back home but then it hit me that the Caribbean is basically just as black as Africa so that’s only more land for us.

WaveGang

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
But technically it’s our land since it’s mainly blacks people who live on those islands now and all of our presidents and prime ministers are black. Might as well include the islands in black progress

Thats the illusion of inclusion and progression.

We own the land in the carribean breh don’t be fooled

I'm just calling it what it is.

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
The Caribbean is too damn small. Especially outside of Haiti and Jamaica.

Shyt. So many barriers too.

Trying to get shyt done as a local Ja is a b and a half.

Breh, you gotta basically get people to vouch for your character in order to open one. I'm talking for adults and people without a record.

Do Caribbean nations have the open mind to create actual cities that can cater to allowing blacks to have more options to leave America or do you think the islands will mostly continue to be a place dependent on tourism and retirement?

The only islands I see that could do what Africa is doing at the same level are the bigger islands/countries like Haiti, Jamaica, Bahamas, Trinidad, Guyana, Suriname and Belize.

Honestly, speaking for Ja, it feels like a small pond for big fish to thrive in. You kinda have to be a fish with grit/power or form a group with enough prestige to force and leverage your way into the pond. Everybody else...

:martin: