West Muhammad, 14, is now the youngest freshman ever at Coppin State University

Turlast

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Two One Five
West Muhammad is the Youngest Freshman at his College

https%3A%2F%2Fdo0bihdskp9dy.cloudfront.net%2F10-15-2024%2Ft_74e5f46cad8541609b94d1f31942e374_name_file_1280x720_2000_v3_1_.jpg

BALTIMORE (WBAL) - Age is just a number.

Just ask 14-year-old West Muhammad, who is now the youngest freshman ever at Coppin State University in Maryland.

While most 14-year-olds walk the halls for their freshman year of high school, West walks Coppin State University’s campus for his first year of college.

“I’ve always wanted to go to college and be on campus, have that experience that I’ve seen on TV and read in books,” the teen said.

But West never imagined he’d be studying cybersecurity engineering at Coppin State University on a full scholarship before he was even old enough to drive.

“I was a little bit nervous because, although I was ready to come to school and just go through, it was, I would say, a little interesting,” West said. “People will come up to me and ask, ‘How did you get here?’ Things like that, so I started realizing that this is rare.”

It’s not just rare. It’s the first time Coppin State has seen a 14-year-old freshman in school history.

But West has always been ahead of the curve.

His mom taught him to read by the time he was 3. He started first grade by the time he was 4, attending private schools, homeschooling and public schools throughout his educational journey.

“Even at school, I used to remember I was the youngest out of my friend groups and sometimes the shortest they would say,” West said.

But that hasn’t stopped West before and it’s not stopping him now.

He’s not staying in the dorms on campus, but he is studying hard, already getting A’s on exams, and impressing teachers and school staff.

West says it’s not about that or being the first 14-year-old freshman.

“For me, it’s not so much as making history that’s important, but it’s really just giving an example to the other young 13-year-olds out there, 14s or even 15-year-olds that are aspiring to do these certain things,” West said. “So, maybe if they aren’t trying to go to college but they may want to start their own business, it’s just great giving that example to them.”

Pazzy

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly, i hate these type of articles because theyre basically trying to use this exceptional young man as a way to say that theres nothing wrong with their fukked up the public school system that they wont fix. Props to him though as thats not to :salute: him and his accomplishments. Lets not act like they wasnt saying baltimore school system isnt the worst in the country. They would rather blame the kids and the parents to why their public school system is trash.