West Indians and Black Americans

Kripplestyle

Beaker
Daps
Reppin
Chalkhill Road, London
Hello brehs.

Lately I've been going through a lot of thought and deep research into my culture and history as as West indian, specifically hailing from Barbados.

Barbados, like most of the islands and central american countries have retained elements of West African culture which is completely undeniable.

I've had a lot of Black americans telling me that I'm indigenous to the west and have nothing to do with West africa which then would make my culture and upbringing a big lie / hoax.

So I then asked, are we even the same people, as most West Indians of sound reasoning will acknowledge where they originate and their cultural practices as well as language and dialects. We don't relate to the natives of the islands. I got no response.

Are we the same people? And why is there a huge dislike to islanders especially when they refuse to throw away their obviously West african culture?

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
Africans were the majority on the islands and there were fewer cacs = more retention of African culture.
Africans were a rather small minority in the U.S. and there were many more cacs = less retention of African culture.

If you're talking about AAs who are arguing that you're too far removed from Africa for it to be relevant, they are just super ignorant and lack the strength and spirit to uncover their roots.

If you're talking about AAs who are on that stupid ass "we're not West Africans, we're Indigenous to the Americas" nonsense, they are also super ignorant and lack the strength and spirit to uncover their (real) roots, and they are also engaging in pseudohistory and lies. :yeshrug:

videogamestashbox.com

Hotep
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
When I win I bring we with me
Hello brehs.

Lately I've been going through a lot of thought and deep research into my culture and history as as West indian, specifically hailing from Barbados.

Barbados, like most of the islands and central american countries have retained elements of West African culture which is completely undeniable.

I've had a lot of Black americans telling me that I'm indigenous to the west and have nothing to do with West africa which then would make my culture and upbringing a big lie / hoax.

So I then asked, are we even the same people, as most West Indians of sound reasoning will acknowledge where they originate and their cultural practices as well as language and dialects. We don't relate to the natives of the islands. I got no response.

Are we the same people? And why is there a huge dislike to islanders especially when they refuse to throw away their obviously West african culture?

:coffee:
These are prob the same types to tell you about moon monsters bruh, keep it moving

Matter a fact lets say you ran into . ...fukk it, 100 people who told you that. :hubie:
There are 45-50mil African Americans in the U.S. that 100 is a drop in the bucket. Find new associates:francis: