West Coast Hoods vs. East Coast Hoods

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
This isn't an attempt to start any east vs. west coast beefs. It's 2012 we off that. :win:

But I always wondered why the gang banging culture is much more prevalent in Cali and the west coast than it is in the east coast.

I mean in the East coast you got some of the grimiest areas in the country like certain parts of NY, Newark, Baltimore, Camden, Philadelphia etc.

When you go into these areas you see real hoods with project housing, abandoned bulildings, broken windows, trash on the streets, and just an overall shytty quality of life and when you add the winter months into perspective with the snow and cold temps, shyt can get real grimey and depressing af.

But yet gangbanging isn't really poppin like it is in Cali, East coast nikkas is more about their money and hustling it seems. Not saying there's no gangbanging here tho.

When you go to Cali, some of the most said things about Cali is how the nice weather, how beautiful the women are, and how nice the scenery is in general but yet nikkas bang over there harder than anyone:mindblown:

I mean if I heard all the good things I hear about Cali, gang banging would be the last thing on my mind. I would be trying to :eat: off the women and other shyt :manny:

Now granted, I ain't never been to Cali before so maybe I'm wrong and being ignorant of the situation :manny:

But does anyone have an answer? :ld:

stealthbomber

cruising at 30,000
Daps
Reppin
the best coast
the difference is the og's out in cali are bangin so it just trickles down to everybody else

in the east they all got rich off moving crack with they seperate crews. it was more they were working by themselves to be the KONY, in LA u can't do that.

the bloods/crips/mexicans run everything so u can't even really get heavy in the game by yourself.

out here u got gangs built like companies, jumping new guys in as others go to jail or die. its a never ending cycle. bangin just never got that big out in the east.

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
the difference is the og's out in cali are bangin so it just trickles down to everybody else

in the east they all got rich off moving crack with they seperate crews. it was more they were working by themselves to be the KONY, in LA u can't do that.

the bloods/crips/mexicans run everything so u can't even really get heavy in the game by yourself.

out here u got gangs built like companies, jumping new guys in as others go to jail or die. its a never ending cycle. bangin just never got that big out in the east.
:ohhh: I see

Ronnie Lott

#49erGang
Daps
This isn't an attempt to start any east vs. west coast beefs. It's 2012 we off that. :win:

But I always wondered why the gang banging culture is much more prevalent in Cali and the west coast than it is in the east coast.

I mean in the East coast you got some of the grimiest areas in the country like certain parts of NY, Newark, Baltimore, Camden, Philadelphia etc.

When you go into these areas you see real hoods with project housing, abandoned bulildings, broken windows, trash on the streets, and just an overall shytty quality of life and when you add the winter months into perspective with the snow and cold temps, shyt can get real grimey and depressing af.

But yet gangbanging isn't really poppin like it is in Cali, East coast nikkas is more about their money and hustling it seems. Not saying there's no gangbanging here tho.

When you go to Cali, some of the most said things about Cali is how the nice weather, how beautiful the women are, and how nice the scenery is in general but yet nikkas bang over there harder than anyone:mindblown:

I mean if I heard all the good things I hear about Cali, gang banging would be the last thing on my mind. I would be trying to :eat: off the women and other shyt :manny:

Now granted, I ain't never been to Cali before so maybe I'm wrong and being ignorant of the situation :manny:

But does anyone have an answer? :ld:

Thx for your honesty bruh. I've been to the east coast. Been to newark, bmore and nyc. Haven't been to philly tho. But them nyggaz get down just like west coast nyggaz do. I'm from cali. And I really don't see the difference other than georaphic location. in cali it ain't really how it used to be back in the 80s and 90s with the crip/blood beef. Nyggaz be about they money. Shyyt, bloods bang on bloods and crips bang on other crip sets. But that's LA shhyt tho. But now its been about mexicans vs blacks in LA. Nyggaz in the pen regardless if they crip or blood click up against the essays. In the bay area (cali) ain't no crips or bloods. Nyggaz in the bay be on some neighborhood/turf fuedin. But most of the time the beef is on some personal shyt. Nyggaz from the same hood be shootin eachother.

On the west coast we have project housing too. Just not as big as the east coast. But that gangbang/violence/set trippin/neighborhood fueds is all a result of poverty and inner city life. So my point is its the same shhyt, differnt toilet:manny:

Fmju

Fixture
Daps
Reppin
PG
West coast is more ganged up. Bloods and crips and hectors seperated into sets by neighborhoods

East is just hoods. Well I can only speak for DC and MD. Wherever you grew up and who you grew up with. Drug dealin and group fights at the gogos :win:

AAKing23

92' til Infinity....
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ-PA-GA
Southern Californians are the most jaded people you'll ever meet... we dont give a fukk about none of that shyt, cause we've seen it everyday for years.

kids are bred into an environment were literally the nikkas across the street are the enemy... and aspire to live up to the reputations of their brothers,sisters,mothers,fathers,cousins,uncles etc.

add the crack epidemic and you're gonna produce nikkas who punk OT nikkas for sport like us Californians.

:ohhh: Yeah it always seemed like in Cali, nikkas be feuding with dudes right across the street :wtf:

There's just so many gangs fighting over a small square radius.

shyt is sad :snoop:

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The biggest misconception about LA is that its just supergangs beefin with each other. Honestly the "wars" in LA are no different than wars anywhere else, other than history.

For ex, down south you got a clique the "21st boys" beefin with the "NorthPark Rydaz" or some shyt. Just diff clique of nikkas beefin. LA is no different, contray to belief its not gang vs gang(crip vs blood) its set vs set. Like where im from theres no bloods in the city, so the nikkas who beefed were the Rollin 20s and the Baby Insanes. The only true difference between LA and other cities is that sets and rivalries have LONG history and they dont fold after a couple years like other cities cliques do :manny:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
West coast is more ganged up. Bloods and crips and hectors seperated into sets by neighborhoods

East is just hoods. Well I can only speak for DC and MD. Wherever you grew up and who you grew up with. Drug dealin and group fights at the gogos :win:

Im from PG and this how its always been and Ive always been thankful we never been on that banging for colors shyt. Here its just wherever you from and thats how it should be if you ask me. A nikka a couple weeks ago on here told me he seen crips and bloods in DC/MD and it had me like :wtf: cause I aint never heard of that around here (I actually I have but that was like an isolated thing and idk if it was even true).

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
East Coast nikkas get buck wild. But nothing like West Coast cats.

New York nikkas is GRIMEY tho. Cant trust a fukking soul out here man.

neko_804

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#GangGreen
Southern Californians are the most jaded people you'll ever meet... we dont give a fukk about none of that shyt, cause we've seen it everyday for years.

kids are bred into an environment were literally the nikkas across the street are the enemy... and aspire to live up to the reputations of their brothers,sisters,mothers,fathers,cousins,uncles etc.

add the crack epidemic and you're gonna produce nikkas who punk OT nikkas for sport like us Californians.

I can't wait to get back over Cali I was over there last Sept for the first time. Redondo Beach is:ohlawd:I was in awe at those multi million $ homes resting up high on a cliff:win:.

You have any idea of this club near LAX close to a Budget rental truck place? It seemed kinda hood but had some :ahh:standing outside in line waiting to get in the club. Im considering relocating but all the areas I would consider are expensive as fukk. I'm fond of San Diego and certain parts of LA but its a difficult transition from east coast.