WeSeeIt's indie film thread VOL. 1

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
One of my greatest passions in life is film. And I always try and introduce great films to people that they may not hear about when browsing their usual movie spots. So I'm going to try and post 5 movies from my own personal collection each week, hopefully some of you have seen them, because I'd love to discuss these sometime.
v9mEQtC.jpg

VOLUME 1:

We Need To Talk About Kevin
- Tilda Swinton plays a mother who helplessly tries to connect with her son. Based on a book. Great, slow burn watch. I can't recommend this enough.

Short Term 12 -
based on an award winning short about the personal accounts of a filmmaker who volunteered in group homes for trouble teens. Great small little film.

The Skin I Live In
- Antonio Banderas plays a plastic surgeon who becomes obsessed with his craft after losing his daughter to a tragic accident.

Rust & Bone - Marion Cotillard plays a water park entertainer who must begin her life again after a freak workplace accident.

The Past - helmed by the master director of the stellar 'A Separation', The Past examines a love triangle between current and former lovers. Wonderful relationship piece.

I encourage anyone who may be interested in any of these films to check out their trailers. Some of these are more well known than others, and some you may have never heard of before. I'll keep posting if you guys want me to.

Thanks for checking it out.

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
The Past was very meh.......especially after A Separation, which is a masterpiece.

Short Term 12 was the best film of 2013 though :blessed:

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps
The Past was very meh.......especially after A Separation, which is a masterpiece.

Short Term 12 was the best film of 2013 though :blessed:

I totally agree about The Past. As a standalone feel, I feel like it's great, but when you stack it against A Separation (and I watched them back to back)...it's just in a completely different league.

ST12 is so good. I wish more people had checked it out!

HHR

Do what you love
Daps
Good thread though, I almost made a similar thread several times lol

I guess....here are some indie recommendations of mine from this year

Locke
The Double
Blue Ruin

All three of these are fantastic.

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps

Locke
The Double
Blue Ruin

I just bought Blue Ruin today. Gonna check it out tonight.

Mr. Brown

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Miami
The only one I've seen from that bunch is Short Term 12, although I've heard of all of them. I blind bought it and loved it.

WeSeeIt

Rookie
Daps

Locke
The Double
Blue Ruin

I've watched Locke and The Double, they're both FANTASTIC! Thanks so much for the recommendations. I have about an hour left of Blue Ruin and the pacing and setup is masterful!

• Dap
Reactions: HHR

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Watched it on a flight and was pleasantly surprised. Recommend it to others. The trailers are poorly cut but the snippet above is a good representation of the movie